by the way... thank you so much rachel 0179 for all your help!!
    01-06-09 06:55 PM
    You're welcome.

If you search the forums for media players also, some links or posts will pop up with recommendations, Ive seen them, also google.
    01-06-09 06:58 PM
    [QUOTE=westernmd68;1349645]I would have to say that I am just looking for mainly entertainment type apps....things that deal with tv, radio, music, video, and maybe possibly some practical gaming (like something like tap tap revenge on iphone...meaning nothing endless, boring, or ********, just something to have a little fun with and waste some time)....

Yeah you're probably better off with an iphone for recreational stuff. In my experience with BB curve, get yourself an iphone. Better for teenagers wanting recreational stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 07:05 PM
    [QUOTE=jaiart;1350251]
    I would have to say that I am just looking for mainly entertainment type apps....things that deal with tv, radio, music, video, and maybe possibly some practical gaming (like something like tap tap revenge on iphone...meaning nothing endless, boring, or ********, just something to have a little fun with and waste some time)....

Yeah you're probably better off with an iphone for recreational stuff. In my experience with BB curve, get yourself an iphone. Better for teenagers wanting recreational stuff.

Although I see your point very clearly I have US Cellular. It is a regional CDMA carrier that will take over the #5 spot as far as subscribers with 6-7 million of them after Alltel no longer exists as a separate carrier. As it is CDMA I cannot even hack an iPhone to work on my network. And although ATT tends to get better reception in my town, US Cellular is better in others. As I am in high school and dependent upon adults for my cellular subscription. Although my immediate family does have ATT, I was already subscribed to USCC with my grandfather and therefore am stuck here for now. I thought about switching this time but my KRZR came close to the point of dying and I could keep it no longer (and my plan wasn't up). I have had an iPod touch for a while and may upgrade to the new one soon. This way, I will have access to apps on both systems which will be more than sufficient for now. Thanks for the input
    01-06-09 07:24 PM
    There really aren't the types of apps that you're looking for on a Blackberry. At least in my experience.

When I'm on my phone, I'm either: on the web, on facebook, on aim, texting, or reading news articles. That's enough to keep me occupied during down time.
    01-06-09 07:29 PM
    btw....i see a lot of themes...if i download a theme will it later be removable?
    01-06-09 07:29 PM
    There really aren't the types of apps that you're looking for on a Blackberry. At least in my experience.

When I'm on my phone, I'm either: on the web, on facebook, on aim, texting, or reading news articles. That's enough to keep me occupied during down time.
    what was wrong with your storm that you already have another phone coming? just curious
    01-06-09 07:31 PM
    btw....i see a lot of themes...if i download a theme will it later be removable?
    Yes, to remove them, Options, Advanced, Applications, scroll to it, menu key delete what you download.

Its best to keep 1 or 2 only 3rd party themes on there, memory thing ya see.

I get one I like and use wallpapers to change it up.

I get my themes from here

Themes4BB.com| Free BlackBerry Themes|New BlackBerry Bold and Storm Custom Themes

also Pimp My Berry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry!

BlueRoomSolution

Cool BlackBerry Themes

wallpaper threads and sites
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/sh...lpapers-32609/

Zedge | Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone - Free your phone!

Make sure the Themes you download are for your operating system, or they will not work. (they wont show up in the theme section, but will in applications if this is the case)
    01-06-09 07:35 PM
    Okay for a music player you could try Flipside.

For internet radio try Flycast.

For games try wap.getjar.com (they have apps too) problem being some don't work completely right with Blackberries, but some do.

A good website which I think may have been mentioned was Vuclip web video search (called something else now) but you can download the videos or stream them. It pulls videos from Youtube, FunnyorDie, etc. Flickr is out there aswell for pictures and Geotagging and all that fun stuff.

Hope I helped some.

01-06-09 08:35 PM
    Okay for a music player you could try Flipside.

For internet radio try Flycast.

For games try wap.getjar.com (they have apps too) problem being some don't work completely right with Blackberries, but some do.

A good website which I think may have been mentioned was Vuclip web video search (called something else now) but you can download the videos or stream them. It pulls videos from Youtube, FunnyorDie, etc. Flickr is out there aswell for pictures and Geotagging and all that fun stuff.

Hope I helped some.

Thanks for the hepful link and apps... btw its nice to find someone else who has us cellular out there.... i live in western maryland and i think uscc is pretty much just here in a little bubble of an area including western md and eastern wv. otherwise, u'd probably have to go to the midwest to find it. but anyway, thanks.
    01-06-09 08:42 PM
    oh..you should have bought a Iphone if you wanted a cool phone with real apps
    01-06-09 09:00 PM
    Xberry live. Keep up with your friends on xbox live.

01-06-09 09:01 PM
    Hey all i saw this theme and installed it, here is a link

bPhone -- an iPhone theme for BlackBerry | RogersMJ.com

i installed it on my 8330 and works and looks great
    01-06-09 09:09 PM
    thanx...so that theme was free? i guess so as it did ask for donations...i wonder how many he gets? but anyway... i bookmarked it just in case but i think i might just download the javelin theme (curve 8900 os 4.6 replica) but if that doesn't work out i will definitely turn to this one! btw... i heard about a week ago that the javelin theme was at one point free but all the sites now point to a new paid one... i have no problem with paying but i'd love to be able to find a link to the freebie...if it still exists
    01-06-09 09:15 PM
    oh..you should have bought a Iphone if you wanted a cool phone with real apps
    i sure hope your not being sarcastic or anything cuz that would be rude

p.s. just in case your not being sarcastic... i have an ipod touch to take advantage of all the apple apps (or at least the non-phone ones)
    01-06-09 09:18 PM
    You can also check out Mobiola xPlayer. It allows the playback of AVI, WMV, MP4, and other various video formats not natively supported by the video player. And it's free!
    Ok so this confused me at first...people keep saying it's free, but everywhere I've checked it says 19.99. Apparently that's only if you want the additional radio. Does anyone have an OTA link for this player?
    01-06-09 09:38 PM
    Ok...downloaded xPlayer...not all that impressed. I didn't try the different video formats, but I was already disappointed in how you manage the media. I liked having artist/song/playlists and such on the BBMedia Player. And I couldn't find a way to load all my songs in at once. There is no select all option...
    01-06-09 10:26 PM
    I feel the same way i just got my curve and im also in highschool. I have Facebook, Windows Live Messenger, and i downloaded Nintaii(Best game ever) trust me WinMo is the worst phone you can buy i had one and i got rid of it everyone i know with one has had it replaced at least 3 times (and theres not that many fun apps for it) if your looking for games and useless applications then you should get the iphone (if U.S cellular is CDMA). it depends on what you want personally i got the curve because its so simple to use and the keyboard is amazing to text on.
    US is actually CDMA
    01-06-09 10:42 PM
    Astrient Labs - J2ME

these are just icons, but its a start, just email to yourself, they are OTA installed.
    Could anyone give me some information maybe on how to make icons like this? I would love to have a Chase.com icon in my applications menu.
    01-06-09 10:47 PM
    Ok...downloaded xPlayer...not all that impressed. I didn't try the different video formats, but I was already disappointed in how you manage the media. I liked having artist/song/playlists and such on the BBMedia Player. And I couldn't find a way to load all my songs in at once. There is no select all option...
    It's not that great as a music player. But you can put avi movies on your microsd and watch them on your phone. That's the only reason I use it. Watch any TV shows I missed throughout the week

As for MP3 players, you could try FlipSide or MiuTunes. I don't use either, but a quick search turned those up as pretty popular.
    01-06-09 11:27 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD