Hi, I recently bought the Blackberry Curve 8330 from US Cellular just recently and I have Windows Live Messenger, Opera Mini, Handango (useless), Myspace, and Docs To Go (which came with the phone). But seriously!!! As a teenager in high school I am looking to get enjoyment out of my new phone! Where are all the good third party apps that I would enjoy because all I see out there are like medical, business, and contacts/calendar syncing apps. Seeing what is on the iPhone, I know that what I have been seeing does not even compare to what the iPhone offers. So tell me...Am i in the wrong place? Should I return my Curve for a WinMo device to find better apps for me or am i missing out on something. And by the way...I'm not looking for AIM, Yahoo, Twitter, or Facebook. I have Windows Live Messenger and Myspace and as far as that stuff goes I'm fairly set. Please advise me before its too late!!! What apps are out there, where do I find them, and should I even stay? Thanks.
    01-06-09 05:20 PM
    I feel the same way i just got my curve and im also in highschool. I have Facebook, Windows Live Messenger, and i downloaded Nintaii(Best game ever) trust me WinMo is the worst phone you can buy i had one and i got rid of it everyone i know with one has had it replaced at least 3 times (and theres not that many fun apps for it) if your looking for games and useless applications then you should get the iphone (if U.S cellular is GSM). it depends on what you want personally i got the curve because its so simple to use and the keyboard is amazing to text on.
    01-06-09 05:26 PM
    What kind of apps or games do you have in mind? specifically..

You said what you dont want.. what are you wanting, we can try to help ya
    01-06-09 05:27 PM
    Search ota apps for the bb on the curves internet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 05:36 PM
    I would have to say that I am just looking for mainly entertainment type apps....things that deal with tv, radio, music, video, and maybe possibly some practical gaming (like something like tap tap revenge on iphone...meaning nothing endless, boring, or ********, just something to have a little fun with and waste some time)....things that might mimmic the functionality of itunes and windows media player but add some coolness to it...as the default media player is severely lacking.......something that would let me have fun with photos...like during editing/taking...you get it
    Last edited by westernmd68; 01-06-09 at 05:41 PM.
    01-06-09 05:38 PM
    Astrient Labs - J2ME

these are just icons, but its a start, just email to yourself, they are OTA installed.
    01-06-09 05:40 PM
    what exactly does it do?
    01-06-09 05:48 PM
    installs icons on your phone as a quick launcher to the sites contained.
    01-06-09 05:50 PM
    Also these are the links to the entertainment and games store here at CB, some are paid, some are free.

Entertainment BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Games BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    01-06-09 05:52 PM
    oh okay i see that now....like youtube and stuff... that is interesting, kinda like web apps... i might just do that...do you have any info on any downloadable apps as well
    01-06-09 05:53 PM
    ok thanx... ill take a look
    01-06-09 05:53 PM
    No problem.
    01-06-09 05:54 PM
    Also check bplay for games.

01-06-09 05:56 PM
    BB's are first and foremost a business tool and secondly a fun toy. I think if you're looking for the "fun" aspect rather than the "functional" aspect your best bet is to get an iPhone. I wouls steer clear of WinMo phones as they don't offer much more and their phones (battery life) don't last as long. IMHO I think BB's offer the best of both worlds.

01-06-09 05:56 PM
    this crackberry apps store looks pretty impressive....is there a downloadable app for it too like there is for handango? and also does anyone have any recommendations to start me off... it really be nice to find something right up my alley
    01-06-09 05:58 PM
    Yeh 9if you go to crackberry.com on your BB, there is launcher icon for this site, and also the app store one.

I disagree with it being first andforemost a business phone also.
    01-06-09 05:59 PM
    01-06-09 06:17 PM
    yeah...if someone could give me a good recommendation on a music, video, and/or photo app that would be really great... btw..there doesn't seem to be a very big selection of free applications...
    01-06-09 06:22 PM
    yeah...if someone could give me a good recommendation on a music, video, and/or photo app that would be really great... btw..there doesn't seem to be a very big selection of free applications...
    Right, but you also have to remember that developers put alot of time and effort into making the apps, basically thier job in some cases, so its like a paycheck in a way
    01-06-09 06:24 PM
    yeah...that is very true... i understand that.... but how would i be billed for these apps? p.s. still would really like a few recommendations
    01-06-09 06:25 PM
    You pay when you buy, debit or credit, and I think also paypal is an option for some.
    01-06-09 06:31 PM
    what kind of music stuff do you want..

check out moodio.com its like a radio station, set it up online etc - all the instructions are there

Moodio TV
    01-06-09 06:34 PM
    You can also check out Mobiola xPlayer. It allows the playback of AVI, WMV, MP4, and other various video formats not natively supported by the video player. And it's free!
    01-06-09 06:39 PM
    what kind of music stuff do you want..

check out moodio.com its like a radio station, set it up online etc - all the instructions are there

Moodio TV
    as far as music goes...i'm going to say that i'm most likely looking for some type of internet radio that doesn't completely suck (like most do because they choose songs that sound like the ones you like but suck and are mostly unheard of)....as well as something to help me sync and/or organize with itunes.... but most of all something to replace that horrid nasty blackberry media app...maybe something with an equalizer
    01-06-09 06:40 PM
    ok so does anyone out there (thank you entrical and rachel0179) have any recommendations for me?
    01-06-09 06:48 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD