I was just wondering if this is a good choice of BB with Sprint? I'm hoping to be switching over sometime this month and figured this would be the best place to ask REAL ppl about this phone. Thanks!

UPDATE!!!: I've ordered the 8330. Can't wait to get it!
    Last edited by Not_Your_Princess420; 04-05-09 at 12:34 AM.
    04-02-09 12:45 PM
    Or maybe the 8830?.....
    04-02-09 12:46 PM
    Well verizon is better, but do what cha want to!
    04-02-09 12:47 PM
    Well verizon is better, but do what cha want to!
    I had the 8830 on verizon and internet browsing was so slow that I never used it for anything more than email text and calls. Now I'm on sprint 8330 and browse all the time. 8330 is smaller has a camera and lots more memory than the 8830. Get the 8330 on sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 12:52 PM
    I'm gettting added to someone's plan but thanks.
    04-02-09 12:52 PM
    I had the 8830 on verizon and internet browsing was so slow that I never used it for anything more than email text and calls. Now I'm on sprint 8330 and browse all the time. 8330 is smaller has a camera and lots more memory than the 8830. Get the 8330 on sprint

Thanks, I'm really getting excited about getting a new crackberry. And the 8330 is looking better than the 8830.
    04-02-09 12:53 PM

well i'm sorry that is didn't work out for you! but you still got a 8330 so i like you!!

I'm gettting added to someone's plan but thanks.
    Oh well then that is just all the better! As long as you get the 8330 we are all good!
    04-02-09 12:57 PM
    I'm a new convert to the 8330 with Sprint -- my first BB. I LOVE this phone. Really, everything as worked almost flawlessly (a couple of hiccups to be expected). Even reception is significantly better than with my old phone.

What, specifically, do you want to know?
    04-02-09 01:48 PM
    I'm a new convert to the 8330 with Sprint -- my first BB. I LOVE this phone. Really, everything as worked almost flawlessly (a couple of hiccups to be expected). Even reception is significantly better than with my old phone.

What, specifically, do you want to know?
    Specifically? Well didn't really have anything in mind. My first BB is my Pearl. I just wanted to know if it was an all around good choice, ya know?
    04-02-09 02:05 PM
    I have the 8330 with Verizon and the internet is great. I've had Sprint before and Verizon is much better. I wouldn't switch if I were you.

04-02-09 02:11 PM
    <3 sprint

been with them about about 2 months now. VERY fast 3g, no call drops, service everywhere i go.
    04-02-09 02:11 PM
    Specifically? Well didn't really have anything in mind. My first BB is my Pearl. I just wanted to know if it was an all around good choice, ya know?
    yeah. well ... I can't compare it to the pearl since it's my first smartphone; but it's rockin'! two-handed texting is a lot faster than using T9 on a conventional phone. I assume there'd be a bit of a speed increase over the unique format of the pearl, too.

I really like the *feel* of the curve in my hand. it's a good shape, weight, etc., which makes it a pleasure to type on and talk on. the camera is decent for a phone, imho, and the screen is a good size.

not sure what else I can say. go check your local Sprint store and they might have them on super sale. I picked mine and my wife's up for $50 each.

PS, sprint coverage has been great -- a LOT better than my old RAZR. I can make it through dead zones on country roads that I *never* made it through with my last two phones. overall, though, the Sprint network is great both on voice and data. check the maps for your local area. if it says you have coverage, you do.
    04-02-09 02:12 PM
    yeah. well ... I can't compare it to the pearl since it's my first smartphone; but it's rockin'! two-handed texting is a lot faster than using T9 on a conventional phone. I assume there'd be a bit of a speed increase over the unique format of the pearl, too.

I really like the *feel* of the curve in my hand. it's a good shape, weight, etc., which makes it a pleasure to type on and talk on. the camera is decent for a phone, imho, and the screen is a good size.

not sure what else I can say. go check your local Sprint store and they might have them on super sale. I picked mine and my wife's up for $50 each.

PS, sprint coverage has been great -- a LOT better than my old RAZR. I can make it through dead zones on country roads that I *never* made it through with my last two phones. overall, though, the Sprint network is great both on voice and data. check the maps for your local area. if it says you have coverage, you do.
    Well I already know I have coverage cuz my mom has Sprint and it works fine where I'm at. I'm on T-mobile and the coverage suuucks. So that's another reason I'm switching. Thanks for the help ppl!
    04-02-09 03:31 PM
    I have the 8330 with Sprints Simply Everything plan. Switched from ATT and saved $30-40/Month and now have unlimited.
    So far after 6 weeks I have no complaints at all.
    04-02-09 03:38 PM
    I've had my Sprint 8330 for over 6 months now, and couldn't be happier! Since you already know that you have coverage, then I say go for it! You're going to run across many different people in these forums with many different experiences on all the carriers, but the final choice is yours. Good luck with your decision, and enjoy it too!!

04-02-09 03:46 PM
    i cannot speak highly enough about sprint. i have been with them for a while, and barring any unforseen issues, i would never want to change. i have had nothing but good experiences with them.
    04-02-09 03:50 PM
    To the OP:

Switching wouldn't be a bad idea. If you want it go for it. Just make sure that Sprint has good coverage in your area. That's the one thing I'd be cautious of. And if it is good, then go for it.
    04-02-09 03:51 PM
    After enduring AT&T and an iPhone, I couldn't be happier with my Sprint Curve, also my first BB. I went with Sprint to take advantage of a corporate discount.

The best carrier is going to be the one that works best for you.

Don't get caught up in the flame wars of VZ or Sprint. Both are good carriers. Neither is perfect for everyone all the time.

If you can, try both and see what fits with what you want/need, and then decide.

04-02-09 04:14 PM
    I have a 8330 curve on the Sprint networ for the last five months. I have had no major problem. I'm on the everything plan. My wife was so impressed with the 8330 she picked one up too. Also don't forget tethering with Sprint, its a bonus.

04-02-09 04:38 PM
    Thanks for all the comments. You're all very helpful. But like I said, I know I'll have good coverage at my place so I'm feeling pretty good about this. I order it tomorrow!! I'll miss my Pearl But i think it's going to be a good change.
    04-02-09 05:08 PM
    Big upgrade from the pearl. Enjoy.
    04-02-09 05:50 PM
    I have had mine a few months now and love it. I had a couple of issues with customer service from sprint but they went way over the top to make it right. As for the web browser I can honestly say that since january I haven't turned my home pc on more than 5-6 times. I do all my surfing on here (curve).
    04-02-09 06:29 PM
    Thanks for all the comments. You're all very helpful. But like I said, I know I'll have good coverage at my place so I'm feeling pretty good about this. I order it tomorrow!! I'll miss my Pearl But i think it's going to be a good change.
    good luck and puff puff pass LMAO
    04-02-09 06:33 PM
    good luck and puff puff pass LMAO
    LMAOOOOO!! Wow. Thanks.
    04-02-09 06:35 PM
    8330 is a great choice, i just came back to it after a horrendous experience with the Storm. The curve is just a solid BlackBerry through and through - great size and it hits a grand slam with the functionality.

As others have said, coverage tends to be an individual choice. Verizon has the largest coverage area (voice and 3G) and that is one of the reasons i stick with them. You also have to factor in free mobile to mobile (the Wife, most of the family and most of my co-workers are on Verizon) and customer service.

I was a nextel subscriber for many years and then moved over to the PCS side of Sprint. Their rates were alright and coverage was mediocre, what drove me away was really their customer service. This was prior to some of the major changes their new CEO helped to foster, and i'm told things are much better!

But, enough yapping! ENJOY!
    04-02-09 06:49 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD