I'm new to the BlackBerry thing. I have an LG phone right now and am basically torn between the iPhone and the Curve. I don't want to switch to At&t because I hear they have a spotty network that isn't real reliable. I'm tempted to wait a few days for the 3g iPhone but again, I kind of want to stay with Verizon.

I'm a mac user, website admin, and interviewer. I need something that I can keep a schedule with, get email and texts, and make calls (obviously). I'm thinking that the Curve is the way I want to go.

Please let me know what you think of the device and if it's worth my money.

Thanks!
    06-02-08 12:39 AM
    If you want to stay with Verizon, get the Curve. The Curve is a fantastic device and I think its better than the iphone.
    06-02-08 12:49 AM
    How are the internet speeds?
    06-02-08 01:03 AM
    Curve is only EDGE. I don't really know about iphone. As for surfing, it's fine for me...
    06-02-08 01:12 AM
    I would be getting it on Verizon, doesn't that use EV-DO?
    06-02-08 01:20 AM
    Does anyone know how expensive it is to get and receive email? Also how much is unlimited internet?

I'd love to be able to write for my site on the go.
    06-02-08 01:44 AM
    I would be getting it on Verizon, doesn't that use EV-DO?
    Yes. A Verizon Curve is a speedy device in comparison to the T-mo's and Att.
    06-02-08 04:12 AM
    Knowing what I know if I were you I would stay with Verizon. The Curve is best suited for your needs and with the EVDO it smokes AT&T. The unlimited data package is 24.99 plus your minute plan. I am on my Curve as I write this post and I must say the Blackberry would be your best all in one communication device for your emails, web, third party apps etc. IPhones are great phones but clearly not what you really need in this case. I have yet to find an unhappy Curve owner.
    06-02-08 05:15 AM
    When you're sending and receiving email, is that data or text messages that youre using?

I'm hesitant to get this because I had previously bought a BlackBerry on ebay. There was something funky with it where somehow I was on the internet 24 hours a day when I shouldn't have been. It had told me that I signed off of the internet but the phone stayed connected somehow. It lead to a $2000+ cell phone bill. I want to avoid that again!
    06-02-08 08:30 AM
    Email is part of the data plan, so if you get the unlimited data plan, you'll be covered for email and using the internet. And, the Curve is well worth the price, excellent phones...
    06-02-08 08:44 AM
    How is verizons coverage vs at&t's?
    06-02-08 09:25 AM
    It all has to do with where you live...we can't tell you who's coverage is better, we have no idea where you live...you need to check that out for yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 09:29 AM
    I wud say go with the BB, I have used both phones and the keyboard on the iPhone is not as good as the physical keyboard n the BB. Verizon also has a great network. Get the unlimited plan bc trust me ull always be on the internet with how easy it is to use. Curve all the way!
    06-02-08 10:23 AM
    The reason you run up a huge bill is because you didn't have the blackberry data plan when you activated the Ebay phone. The data plan is unlimited and a flat rate with no overages no matter if you leave the browser open 24/7. As for the AT&T coverage vs Verizon coverage it's GSM vs CDMA and CDMA is a much better network with clearer calls, best reception and overall coverage. But as stated above you will need to make sure you are in good coverage area for the provider you want to go with. It goes to say that if you can get a good signal with AT&T then you are most definetely going to have a better signal with Verizon's CDMA service. Don't procrastinate on the gsm vs cdma its a proven fact which is best. But for your phone needs you have to decide that one for yourself, which in my opinion is also a "no brainer". My BlackBerry Curve handles all my communication needs and then some and as soon as you post a reply I will know immediately via my Blackberry Curve that again I am using to post this reply... Let us know which way you decide to go. Good Luck!
    06-02-08 10:28 AM
    I went to the Verizon store to play with it a little today, I wasn't really into it. It was an old firmware i think because the main menu look was different. it was definitely a Curve though. In the few minutes i used it, the trackball felt kind of weak and it was tough to type on. I'm sure both take some time and maybe the trackball was worn down from constant use in the store. It also didn't help that it was lassoed to the stand so i could barely move the phone or get a true feel for it. I might go back and re look at it later this week
    06-02-08 07:13 PM
    Sounds like you already made up your mind in not liking the Curve.
    For a more sturdy feeling BB the 8800 is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 07:17 PM
    The Verizon Curve's internet may be faster, but you will pay much more for the service. I switched to T-Mobile because the data plan was MUCH cheaper. I surf the net on my BB a lot and I really don't think it's any slower than when I would surf the net with my Motorola Q with Verizon's service.
    06-02-08 08:30 PM
    how much is the data plan on att or t-moblie compare 2 verizon?
    06-02-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD