Does anyone know a way to turn off email notification on the 8330? I figured out how to turn off the message count in options/general, but I still get a yellow envelope with a red star any time I get a new message. Is there a way to shut this off also? I dont want to know if I have new messages until I open the messages app. Thanks!
    06-27-08 08:51 PM
    Question for everyone? if i dont pay for the blackberry service on my phone how do i get ringtones? i dont understand!! i dont have internet but i did on my razor?
    06-27-08 08:53 PM
    Question for everyone? if i dont pay for the blackberry service on my phone how do i get ringtones? i dont understand!! i dont have internet but i did on my razor?
    This question doesn't seem to be related to this thread at all but, you can use any mp3 you put on the phone as a ringtone. The rest is easy enough to figure out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 09:21 PM
    Ok just a question???? Why???? why do you not want to know you got a message??? Or... do you not want someone else to know or see??? Hmmm are you hiding something from someone???
    06-27-08 09:30 PM
    Yeah isn't the point of the Blackberry to inform you when u get new messages? As far as I'm aware there is no way to disable notifications, other then not having your email account syc'd with your berry.

06-27-08 09:39 PM
    Yeah isn't the point of the Blackberry to inform you when u get new messages? As far as I'm aware there is no way to disable notifications, other then not having your email account syc'd with your berry.

Well, I use the Blackberry for work and when I am home at night and on weekends I want to use it as a phone only, but if I see that there are emails its very tempting to read them and before I know it I'm working at home every night ... I guess if there is no way to disable it I will just need to resist the temptation.
    06-28-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD