My girlfriends screen got scratched a little today, nothing too major, not very deep scratches, but enough to annoy her when she's browsing. Any DIY remedies??
    03-23-09 08:43 PM
    Far as I know there is not a way - its cheap, easily scratched plastic (whatever). I know some folks have hidden them somewhat by adding a screen protector - odd as it sounds, add a screen protector to cover what could/might have been prevented. You could give that a shot. BSE (best skins ever) are the best in my opinion and they cost about 6 bucks. Hope someone has a better idea for ya. Good luck...
    03-23-09 08:52 PM
    I would get a new one for a few bucks and put it back on, it's easy. Here is where lots of us get parts from here Cellular Accessories - Panasonic, Apple, Dopod/O2, SonyEricsson, Samsung, 3G, NEC, Sony, Acer, HTC, Acc
    03-23-09 08:53 PM
    they have something in a tube that u can use, dont remember what it was called or who sold it
    03-23-09 09:21 PM
    Body Glove has a great case! It protects against scratching and dropping it, and has a really nice plastic cover that coverste screen. I love the way it looks and it's made well. It's about $25. I have one and love it!
    03-24-09 03:26 AM
    Pixie!! Never pay retail!! Ebay has covers from $8-15 !!! I have a bodyglove too! $12 !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 04:32 AM
    This happened to me as well and I was thinking about taking it in and getting verizon to replace it for me. But I will try some of the suggestions in this post first.

03-24-09 05:54 PM
    You could also pick one up on Amazon for cheap.
    03-24-09 06:04 PM
    Thanks for the cnn site!
    03-24-09 06:35 PM
    If you want to clean up the screen a bit, you could try some Meguire's PlastX. It is plastic polish that is normally used to clean up car headlights. It is very mild.

03-24-09 07:47 PM
    There is also an eyeglass lense repair kit that should buff that right up for you. I forget the name but you should be able to find it at your local walgreens or cvs.

03-24-09 08:29 PM
    Thanks for the input guys! Luckily her phone got the white screen of death last nite(probably due to some moisture in her damn purse) so we filed an insurance claim and the new curve will be here today.
    03-25-09 09:05 AM
    Toothpaste may work, although it may be too abrasive and cause other scratches.
    03-25-09 09:22 AM
    they have something in a tube that u can use, dont remember what it was called or who sold it
    Just found the stuff I think you are talking about while I was Blackberry surfing :-)

Description from the web site....

"Now you've gone and done it. You've gone and scratched your phone's LCD screen. Worry? Nope. Not when you have Displex LCD Display Polish. Make those unsightly scratches disappear. Displex offers you a very simple "do-it-yourself" solution to a widespread problem. Just apply some Displex to the LCD screen. With heavy pressure, polish the marred area for 2 -3 minutes with a soft cloth (our Micro-Fiber Cleaning Cloth would be perfect). You can repeat the procedure for deeper scratches. The plastic lens is lightly dissolved and polished with fine abrasive particles. The corners of the scratch traces are rounded off and the fissure bottom filled out with the material of the lens itself."

I just swap out the screen if it gets bad. Much less work and about the same price.

For those who are afraid to do surgery on their Berry, here is the web site where Displex can be purchased...

http://www.extremepda.com/DISPLEX.html

03-25-09 06:41 PM
    Thanx for the info!

03-25-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD