hi im about to buy a curve but it says t mobile on the bottom i wanna get rid of that, is there a way to do that like wipe it off with some product or something it is paint after all, can someone advice me? thanks.
    04-16-08 01:13 PM
    I have heard of people doing it. I don't know off the top of my head though.
    04-16-08 01:20 PM
    try tipex
    04-16-08 02:07 PM
    You could just buy a replacement part.
    04-16-08 02:10 PM
    There are some tricks with toothpaste or something, and scrubbing it.

I just put a black rubber skin on mine, and it hides the logo and keeps the BB safe, dry and protected.
    04-16-08 02:27 PM
    Rub really really really hard.

or just buy a non-branded replacement part.
    04-16-08 02:49 PM
    I'd bet a mild abrasive, like a paste of sugar and water, carefully rubbed, would do the job.
    04-16-08 02:51 PM
    paint the phone lol i did
    04-16-08 04:23 PM
    what about something like a very small amount of xylol? i used that to clean metals and what not, i know a small amount will take things like sharpy off of surfaces.

****Warning, this was just a sugestion, use at your own risk!****
    04-16-08 05:07 PM
    Toothpaste. Abrasive yet soft.

Been used over and over again.
    04-16-08 05:17 PM
    Toothpaste might work. I use a special compound that is produced for polishing vintage cars when I re-paint a guitar. The polishing process takes h o u r s using this stuff but the results are spectacular.

On my 8100 from Voadafone, the logo had been put on as an afterthought and I was able to very carefully scrape it away with a knife and then use the back of the knife to polish the plastic. I then put a Best Skin Ever over the top and you can only just see where I worked on it if you look real close.

My new 8310 from T-Mobile UK is completely different. The logo has been put on and then the part laquered. I would not even ry to remove this. When I rub my finger over the T-Mobile logo it is completely smooth and flush with the rest of the case. There is no way to remove the logo. If yours is like that, done even try. You will make a mess.

I see that www.cnn.cnn have an unfortunately branded part for $5.49 (I assume that $CAN) so the part is not expensive.

Actually if you track down a Titanium part for an 8310, please tell me.
    Last edited by Pete6; 04-16-08 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Spelling, as always...
    04-16-08 05:54 PM
    skin or paint
    06-16-08 10:37 PM
    Scrub it lightly with a sugar cube. Try to avoid scratching the case. I just put an OEM rubber skin on mine, and it covers it right up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 11:28 PM
    just buy a new part at cnn.cn
    06-17-08 12:28 AM
    go to mygelskin.com and buy a skin for the whole phone. OR
    as said before, just buy a new part.

good luck and let us know what you end up with.
    06-17-08 12:58 AM
    If you can feel the logo texture with your fingernail, try scrubbing lightly with a sugar cube. Seriously. If you can't, then like Pete said, don't mess with it or you run the risk of scratching the entire piece.

I just slapped an OEM silicon skin on mine; covers the logo perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 06:13 AM
    My car had various words and such painted onto some of the interior plastic panels. A trick I learned was to use easy-off oven cleaner.

DON"T SPRAY IT ON YOUR PHONE! Just spray a small amount onto a Q-tip or cotton ball and rub onto the logo. You want to put enough on so that the logo is sufficiently covered but without it dripping down into the cracks of the phone cover. Let it sit for an hour or so. Take a clean cotton ball and wipe it off. It may take a few applications over several hours, but the oven cleaner should slowly dissolve the logo without damaging the plastic.

I make no guarantees that this will work on your phone so try this at your own risk. I only know that it worked on the plastic panels of my car.
    06-17-08 08:26 AM
    Could always have fun with it. Example: I switched from AT&T (the anti-christ) to T-Mobile... I've recently bought some red model paint and a fine-tip paintbrush. I plan to paint a little red circle around the AT&T logo, with a red line through it (think of the Ghostbusters logo without the ghost)... more or less making a statement of "anti-AT&T".
    06-17-08 10:35 AM
    Get your curve colorwared and totally customized!! haha... no little logo once the whole phone is re-painted.

Or get a replacement part or something to cover it up. Removing it can be tricky if there is a clear coat over top.

I don't even find the TMo logo on mine a big deal... I mean, who even cares??
    06-17-08 10:59 AM
    hammer and chisel should do it.
    04-17-13 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD