Is there some way I can fix/set my phone (curve8330) so whenever I start texting or emailing, or whatever I may need my key pad for, that will make my keys light up so I can see what key I'm hitting when I'm in the dark?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 08:41 PM
    it should automatically light up in the dark
    there's a sensor built in
    12-09-08 08:48 PM
    it should automatically light up in the dark
    there's a sensor built in
    But it doesn't. Light up, I mean. Are there any other solutions?

12-09-08 10:12 PM
    Your device has an ambient light sensor which will determine whether or not the keys should be lit. This is automatic, and cannot be manually changed.

12-09-08 10:14 PM
    Sometimes I notice my keys don't auto light when I need them. I usually just put it into suspend and take it back out and it tends to fix it. Hope that helps for you.

12-09-08 10:21 PM
    Your device has an ambient light sensor which will determine whether or not the keys should be lit. This is automatic, and cannot be manually changed.

But there are times when I am trying to text in complete darkness and it still doesn't come on. There are times, no matter what the lighting is, that it will light up halfway into the message. I just think it sux that a phone this nice has what I consider to be an unnecessary flaw.

12-09-08 10:21 PM
    Sometimes I notice my keys don't auto light when I need them. I usually just put it into suspend and take it back out and it tends to fix it. Hope that helps for you.

I'm sorry, but put what into suspend and take what back out? Save the message I'm working on into draft and take the battery out? Please explain?

12-09-08 10:24 PM
    Press and hold the button on the top (mute) and it will go into standby. Press it again and it will come back out. And I am sorry about calling it suspendm it is standby. I did it twice while posting this to make sure it wouldn't loose any data. Give it a try.

12-09-08 10:28 PM
    Never had an issue. What OS are you running?

Bill

12-09-08 10:31 PM
    Press and hold the button on the top (mute) and it will go into standby. Press it again and it will come back out. And I am sorry about calling it suspendm it is standby. I did it twice while posting this to make sure it wouldn't loose any data. Give it a try.

Thank u very much. I turned the light out and my keyboard lit up so I didn't have to try it this time, but my keyboard doesn't always light up when it should, as I said. I will try that next time things don't work as they should. And again, thank u!

12-09-08 10:32 PM
    I'm was 4.3 but now 4.5. I haven't had any problems since upgrading. Only a couple of times at that with 4.3

12-09-08 10:33 PM
    Os 4.3.0.127

12-09-08 10:35 PM
    It might be a 4.3 issue then since I haven't had the problem since updating to 4.5

12-09-08 10:37 PM
    It might be a 4.3 issue then since I haven't had the problem since updating to 4.5

I'm hoping to find the time to do the. New upgrade tomorrow. And again, thank you.

12-09-08 10:38 PM
    Your welcome. I hope that will work for you if it happens to you again.

12-09-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD