Is there a latest upgrade for the Tmobile 8320?...I have v4.5.0.81
    08-03-09 09:37 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...t-asia-272093/

I'm not really sure what the difference of .81 and .162 is, but I know with.162 you can run BBM 5.0
    08-03-09 09:39 AM
    Thank you..the East Asia wording threw me off! lol...Do I run this from the DM? or on my phone? Ive never upgraded my phone.
    08-03-09 10:04 AM
    Thank you..the East Asia wording threw me off! lol...Do I run this from the DM? or on my phone? Ive never upgraded my phone.
    Use DM, follow the instructions in the first post of the thread posted above.
    08-03-09 10:11 AM
    Thanks a lot! Wish me luck! Im reading that the upgrade is slower to some people..and if you arent having problems, not to upgrade it..do u recommend upgrading it? and will anything be lost if I upgrade...like my contacts or anything
    08-03-09 10:16 AM
    Thanks a lot! Wish me luck! Im reading that the upgrade is slower to some people..and if you arent having problems, not to upgrade it..do u recommend upgrading it? and will anything be lost if I upgrade...like my contacts or anything
    Run a backup and backup your third party apps first.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

If the OS doesn't work for you then you can always downgrade back to your previous OS.
    08-03-09 10:20 AM
    "Since the system platform is a rollback, if your on .161 and not having any trouble, wait."
    I have little doubt there will be another release coming soon.
    08-03-09 10:20 AM
    "Since the system platform is a rollback, if your on .161 and not having any trouble, wait."
    I have little doubt there will be another release coming soon.
    What does this mean?
    08-03-09 10:32 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...t-asia-272093/

I'm not really sure what the difference of .81 and .162 is, but I know with.162 you can run BBM 5.0
    You can run BBM 5.0 on .81 too. It is the lowest version of 4.5 for the 8320 that will run it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 01:20 AM
    What does this mean?
    It just means that for some reason, instead of .162 having a higher platform version than .161, the platform version is actually lower on .162 than it is for .161

In your case, the platform version will definitely be higher on .162 than your .81

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 01:34 AM
    All BB OS releases are for all carriers. All files for every carrier are included and identified by a vendor code. The loader only loads things for your vendor code. If you don't delete the vendor.xml file then it will only load for that specified vendor code (that is why you delete it). The loader polls your phone for its vendor code to load the correct modules. If you have a T-Mobile USA phone it will still load UMA, My Faves, etc. If you have AT&T USA it will still load push to talk. Just install Desktop Manager 4.5, install the OS and delete the vendor.xml file in the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader".

I have found this newest .162 release to be an improvement over .161 even though the app platform is a downgrade. I think the newer platform had some problems, like locked-up phones, etc. With this release my phone seems faster and I have more free memory.

Also don't panic when it is done. Your BB will have a white screen and hourglass for at least 30 minutes. This is normal and worries people, including myself, the first time they do an upgrade.
    08-04-09 03:01 AM
    Thank you all for your feedback..I still have to do this..im a little nervous! haha...but Im sure i'll be fine.
    08-04-09 09:15 AM
    Thank you all for your feedback..I still have to do this..im a little nervous! haha...but Im sure i'll be fine.
    I did my first upgrade a couple weeks ago and everything went smooth...nothing to worry about. Just follow the directions and you will be fine. Good luck!
    08-04-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD