My verzion phone has all my names and numbers.. so i was wondering is there a faster way to get those names and numbers into my BB? I would rather put it in excel and transfers to BB if i can.

thansk
    01-25-08 03:51 PM
    What type of phone are all ur contacts currenly on and do u have them stored in outlook?
    01-25-08 03:54 PM
    If not use outlook, god way of sorting out wants and needs of addresses and getting organized, I did it and it worked great, added addresses and such.
    01-25-08 03:58 PM
    Can i some how just type all the name and numbers in excel and import them to my BB? Also how can i delete all my contact i currently have in my address book. I imported them from my yahoo account but now i want them cleared beucase most of them are very old contacts.
    01-25-08 04:19 PM
    Just put them in the Outlook Address Book and synch your phone. No need for Excel.
    01-28-08 05:43 PM
    Agreed, Outlook is the easiest way. There are drawbacks to the categorizing of your contacts when transferring with Outlook. For some reason, all contact numbers show are categorized as "Work". Still can't figure out why...
    01-29-08 02:20 AM
    For some reason, all contact numbers show are categorized as "Work". Still can't figure out why...
    Unfortunately no way to change that.. its still the default for BB due to fact they were originally primarily business oriented devices.. perhaps that will change in future OS upgrades now that BB is tailoring to consumer market as well.
    01-29-08 06:19 AM
    I thought Verizon offered a service to transfer contacts from one device to another.

Please let me know if that is not true.
    01-29-08 06:55 AM
    When my wife and I upgraded to BB's, the Verizon store used a machine to transfer our numbers from one phone to another. It has a bunch of hookups for most any phone.
    01-29-08 06:58 AM
    Unfortunately no way to change that.. its still the default for BB due to fact they were originally primarily business oriented devices.. perhaps that will change in future OS upgrades now that BB is tailoring to consumer market as well.
    So when I type a phone number and then go to Menu > Add to Address Book and it automatically makes it the contact's work phone... there is no way to change this either?
    02-02-08 12:38 PM
    So when I type a phone number and then go to Menu > Add to Address Book and it automatically makes it the contact's work phone... there is no way to change this either?
    I have the same gripe like you.
    BB automatically assume it is a new work number, while most of the" new contact" are actually same contacts but their cell/ personal number.
    02-02-08 01:20 PM
    When I got mine I all I had to do was let the verizon rep hook up my phone to the blackberry through some device they had. It took a minute or two and it was done. Since I was switching from AT&T I first saved all of my contacts to my sim card on my SE 800 and then they did it.

Eli
    02-02-08 01:21 PM
    I thought Verizon offered a service to transfer contacts from one device to another.

Please let me know if that is not true.
    they do a for a fee

the way I transferred my contacts from my razr to my pearl was use motorola phone tools to export into csv then from there csv into palm desktop and from there BB desktop lol
    Last edited by scrimp212; 02-02-08 at 01:33 PM.
    02-02-08 01:30 PM
    In the Desktop Manager, under Synchronize -> Configuration -> Configure Synch you can choose to export to an ASCII file. This will give you a CSV file that you can load into Excel and shuffle things around. In Excel you can play around with things like cutting the entire column of work numbers and pasting it into mobile numbers. This is also the easiest place to delete lots of old contacts you don't need and to add stuff from your other Excel sheet.

Once the file is fixed up, go back to configuration and re-import it.
    02-02-08 03:12 PM
    they do a for a fee

Yipes! I don't think I was charged for this service, but I wouldn't put it past them. If so, price was never discussed.

Eli
    02-02-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD