This may be a stupid question but i have had a blackberry for quite sometime and i haven't been able to figure out if there is a way to type the cent symbol i can seem to find every other thing but just not that I've searched on google and all and haven't been able to find anything all help will be appreciated thanks in advanced
    11-11-08 10:54 AM
    I dontknow if its the correct cent symbol, but I use.. when in a text or whatever, hit the sym key, then the symbol on mine is the one that corresponds with X.. the C with two lines on it, it may or may not be correct, but it works for me LOL and my recipients can figure it out LOL
    11-11-08 10:57 AM
    thank you, but i am looking for this one �
    11-11-08 04:53 PM
    If you're trying to say "my two cents" by using the cent symbol, just use .02. :-) Just kidding - I'd like the symbol too. Would just like to say Welcome to the CB family!
    11-11-08 07:40 PM
    $.02 not work? It is correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 10:56 PM
    thank you, but i am looking for this one �

Email it to your self. Copy it, and paste it as an autotext.
    11-12-08 08:35 AM
    That works for e-mail messages, but not for SMS messages. If you try to copy/paste the cent symbol into a text message, it just shows up as a question mark. It does work if you're composing an e-mail though.

Also here's a GREAT site with characters. All you have to do is click one, and it will be copied to the clipboard. I pasted several into an e-mail message and e-mailed it to myself so I would have those characters on my BB. Some of them did not show up, but many of them did (including the cent symbol). Check it out!

⌘C ⌘V Character

(Not affiliated, just keep it open in a FF tab, and use it!)
    11-12-08 09:42 AM
    The 7 bit character set used for SMS does not include the cent symbol. It is not possible to send a cent symbol over SMS.
    11-12-08 10:15 AM
    I cut & pasted the character set from Newsome to an Email to myself, then copied it to a memo. Alas, you can't use the cent symbol in an SMS. (It's a shame, too; it's quicker to type 69� than to type $0.69, and takes up fewer precious characters on an SMS.)
    11-12-08 11:09 AM
    Hold down the 'c' key and roll the trackball left/right. See, lots of funny characters . My keyboard is British so I don't get the cent key but most likely that's where it is.
    11-12-08 11:43 AM
    Pete, last night when I read this thread that was the first thing
    I tried and remarkably it isn't one of the extra characters. I tried
    every other key also and it is nowhere to be found.
    11-12-08 12:38 PM
    This is nuts. I have Googled and been all over the BlackBerry support site, to the Owners lounge and to the RIM support forum. There is no mention of how to enter a symbol. I referred to it as a sign, a symbol and a character. I used the word cent and the symbol itself. Nuttin', nada, zilch.

There HAS to be a way to do this.
    11-14-08 10:46 AM
    Apparently not! If it's not included in the font set, then it can't be done.
    11-14-08 10:52 AM
    Turns out that there is a simple work around that has been more or less posted here. What I did was:
    • Open a Word document and inserted the � symbol. In Word, Insert, Symbol. Now I have the symbol.
    • Copy/Paste this to a an Outlook Note and synced to the phone (you could also emal it. Now the symbol is on your phone.
    • On the phone, open the Note and Copy the � symbol.
    • Open up Autotext (Options, Autotext), press Menu, New. Replace: ct With: � (Paste), Save.
    • Typing anywhere on the BlackBerry has access to Autotext so typing ct+space will enter the � sign.
    You do not have to use ct for the Autotext shortcut. This could be important to Connecticut residents, amazinglygraceless for example... .

Not a fix but a permanent work around.
    Last edited by Pete6; 11-14-08 at 10:58 AM.
    BoldWorld likes this.
    11-14-08 10:55 AM
    i always do a "/" before my auto txt to keep me from inserting the wrong thing

i.e. /myspace+space=www.myspace. com/benzworm
    11-14-08 12:09 PM
    i always do a "/" before my auto txt to keep me from inserting the wrong thing

i.e. /myspace+space=www.myspace. com/benzworm
    I do the same thing Benz man...
    11-14-08 12:14 PM
    I do the same thing Benz man...

id hate t♥ send a message and have a rand♥m heart p♥p up in the middle ♥f it s♥mewhere

L♥L
    Last edited by benzworm; 11-14-08 at 12:17 PM. Reason: sometimes i am wayy to cute for my own good!
    11-14-08 12:16 PM
    What a cunning stunt.
    11-14-08 05:04 PM
    Just press and hold the $ key. It brings up a bunch of currency symbols. Tap the one you want.
    03-29-19 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD