I'm listening to music in my car via an aux cable from my headunit to the earphone jack on the blackberry. I'm wondering if I'd get better SQ if I can go right to the usb port on the blackberry. is there an adapter that I can get to go from the 3.5" plug to the usb port on the blackberry?
    thx!!
    06-10-09 04:07 PM
    not to my knoledge.
    it would have the same SQ either way.
    06-10-09 04:14 PM
    The usb port on your BB is a data/power port, it wouldn't work even if you could find an adapter. The output from the headset jack is in the proper audio format for your car aux input to play.

Some Motorola phones have an adapter that can be used to convert from usb to 3.5mm, but the phones are set-up to output the audio through their usb ports, the BB is not. I tried using one of the usb to 3.5mm adapters I have from a Motorola phone with a pair of earbuds on my 8330 and it doesn't work. I believe someone else tried this when they found that their headset jack wasn't working following a housing change. It didn't work for them either.
    06-10-09 04:20 PM
    I guess there's not point if there's no diff in sq, but here's something on ebay that looks like it. But if there isn't an improvement in sq, what would be the point?

(link won't work since I don't have enough posts). Please just do a search on ebay of "headphone adapter for blackberry"

thx
    06-10-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD