I install themes to my 8330 and they only show up in my Applications folder. If I load the same one in my wifes 8330 (same phone, same OS) it works fine. Any ideas before I switch with her and end up with a "pink" one.
    08-22-09 04:56 PM
    Did you by any chance delete any of the preloaded Dimension themes? That can affect some custom themes.
    08-22-09 08:23 PM
    no, everything was as it came out of the box, just added apps is all. I even just updated the software to verizons new .138 with no luck. All in all the only difference in the two are the added apps. Maybe I will try pulling them and reinstalling the OS without the added apps and see if that works....
    08-23-09 07:51 PM
    If the themes are not compatible with your OS they wont show up in.. although try a battery pull on yours first.. if then they wont show up, its not compatible.
    08-23-09 07:53 PM
    yea well that didnt work either. no downloaded apps now, wiped and re-installed OS, still asys loaded in apps but doesent show in themes.
    I'm not sure if you all been reading, but I did install the exact same theme on another handset and it works on the other one. maybe verizon will give me a new one... LOL. I realy don't want the wifes pink one. Thanks for the trys at least, I'll let you know what the V team has to say.
    08-23-09 09:09 PM
    I'm having that same issue with some of my apps not loading. Let me know if verizon says anything about why that might be. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 11:55 PM
    could it have anything to do with the different designations of the curve.

8330m
    8330e

Not sure.
    08-24-09 12:38 AM
    Ok, so I took it back to verizon and told the guy my problem and long story short, an hour later I walked out with a new one. Think it helped that it was still under warranty, the only down side is they only transfered my contacts over. Many thanks to the many people on this fourm that tell you to "back it up" and how... will make adding all the rest much easier.
    So if its a fluke type and you havent physicaly destroyed it and its still under its factory war., take it back, you just might get a new one! Woo Hoo!
    08-25-09 03:09 PM
    Im having a problem with my wife's curve. when I download the themes to the device and go into the menu to change the theme, the ones I downloaded do not show up in the options. Is there a specific folder that they need to be in? I have them on a memory card and then manually copied one over to the main memory and it still doesn't show up - any ideas?

thanks,

Joe
    08-29-09 11:58 AM
    Frm all the post I've read on here, if you want to download thw zip, do it on your desktop and install the themes with DM. If you want to do it with your BB then use the OTA links. I have found that after installing the theme it will usually only show up under the Applications folder, simply do a batterie pull, even after DM resets your BB, this will then add the theme to the Themes folder in which it can be used. It is a pain to search and read through all the posts, only to find out a little here or there, but this is what I have come to see and find that it works quite well for me, hope it helps you.
    08-30-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD