On the 8310 can you text 1 message to all your contacts? Thanks.

Also is there a way to save all my contacts to my micro sd card?
    05-07-09 06:42 PM
    You can create a group, I think of up to 10, not 100% sure, or when in a text, meny key, add recipient.

And no, you cant save contacts to the card, you can use outlook to sync though, or google sync.
    05-07-09 06:50 PM
    You can save them to the sim though I beleive with a GSM device.
    05-07-09 06:50 PM
    Thanks. I will try to creat a few groups. I know how to save to my sim, but I am switching to Verison and getting a Storm and my sim card will not work even to copy contacts. I may have to add them to google.
    05-07-09 06:53 PM
    I switched from an 8320 to sprint, I used the switch device wizard to transfer everything, then restored from an earlier back up for good measure, but I had to sync with outlook for my contacts.
    05-07-09 06:56 PM
    Thanks, I will try that. I have a few days.
    05-07-09 07:02 PM
    Depending on the amount of memory you haven we have had success creating groups of over 500 for various functions, SMS,e-mail, or PINs. You can't cross the functions in a group, the group must be of one of the above types.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 07:03 PM
    Is there a step by step guide for creating groups? I have not been able to pull this off.
    05-07-09 07:13 PM
    To create a group, open your address book, click Menu>New Group. Name your group, say Mass E-mail, the click Menu>Add Member and select their e-mail addy, the keep Menu>Add Member until you have all the contacts you want, click Menu>Save, and you"ll find the group in your address boolk under the name you gave the group.

Do not delete the individual contacts in your addy book, if you do, they disappear from your group, because the group is based on your contact's data in your book.

05-07-09 09:11 PM
    By the way, these instructions can also be found on your BB, click your HELP icon, go to Contacts,click there, and it gives you a list of menus for the various address book functions.

05-07-09 09:23 PM
    Theres an app called 3jam that makes this verrry simple. If i can remember correctly it isnt that hard on the wallet. may be free? dont remember unfortunately but its built to do exactly what you need it to!
    05-07-09 11:42 PM
    i have a very large sms group for work and ive been through a few curves over the past few months and when i sync/restore it doesnt save my groups...making a 600+ contact group once a month sucks...anyone know how to make it back up a group as well as contacts?
    08-31-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD