This is my first blackberry and I'm frustrated because it's not easy to decipher between texts and emails. I really dislike how missed calls, text messages, and emails are all intermingled in the messages application/icon.

I need help with 2 things:

1) Is there a way where I can have text messages, emails and missed/dialed calls sorted? Most importantly I just want to be notified when I have a text message.

2) How do I turn off email? When I turn it back on is there a way that I can receive all emails received within the last 48 hours.

Any help is appreciated to new frustrated blackberry user.
    12-18-08 07:42 PM
    Open messages. Bring up your menu. Go down to Options and in there you have the option of separating your TXT/MMS and Emails.
    12-18-08 07:46 PM
    To seperate the text and emails: open a message folder > press
    menu > options > general options > scroll to the bottom and set
    SMS and Email Inboxes to Separate.

Now you will have a dedicated SMS icon on your phone.
    12-18-08 07:47 PM
    In call logs if you bring up the menu and go to options I think you can change to where it doesn't send a text for a missed call.

Call Log/Menu/Options/Call Logging/Change to none
    12-18-08 07:47 PM
    If you hit the call button and bring up your call log you can hit the blackberry button then go to options and Call Logging, you can turn off the missed calls popping up in your messages. This annoyed me too until i discovered it today.
    12-18-08 07:49 PM
    Also I don't believe you can bring up messages that were received previous to setting up your account on the phone.
    12-18-08 07:51 PM
    Yep, the call log thing, you open it up, scroll to the top, menu key, options, call logging, I have mine set to None, so I dont get em in messages
    12-18-08 08:01 PM
    In call logs if you bring up the menu and go to options I think you can change to where it doesn't send a text for a missed call.

Call Log/Menu/Options/Call Logging/Change to none
    Thanks a lot that was very helpful - do you know if there is a quick way to delete emails w/o having to open each one? Is there a way you can delete all emails sent that day/week etc
    12-18-08 08:07 PM
    Thanks a lot that was very helpful - do you know if there is a quick way to delete emails w/o having to open each one? Is there a way you can delete all emails sent that day/week etc

two ways, either hold the shift button and use the trackball to highlight, then menu key, delete,

OR

Scroll to the date line you want to delete, usually the top for all of them, menu key, delete prior.
    12-18-08 08:09 PM
    You can delete all prior emails by highlighting an email pressing the blackberry key and selection the Delete Prior option. It will delete all emails from that point forward. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 08:10 PM
    A keyboard shortcut to delete all selected messages is just hit the backspace/delete key.
    Welcome to the addiction!

12-18-08 08:16 PM
    A keyboard shortcut to delete all selected messages is just hit the backspace/delete key.
    Welcome to the addiction!

Huh!!! I learned something today!!! Thanks, Spinny!!!
    12-18-08 09:35 PM
    Welcome to the crack. Hope you enjoy the berry. The learning curve is kinda steep but when you get it down its way sweet.
    12-18-08 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD