So i have had my blackberry 8330 since around feb. I didnt really text that much back then but lately i have been. So I have noticed that my text messages have been lagging. I send one and dont get the reply for around a min of 10-15 min. Now it doesnt happen all the time but it does happen. The people i text have Verizon and AT&T so not sure if its me or them.

Any one having this same problem? I have to do a battery pull at least once a day now since quickpull doesnt help with this.
    09-30-09 08:57 AM
    do you have a godly amount of old texts still in your messages folder? I found that if i delete prior messages every morning it helps.
    09-30-09 09:35 AM
    Its you. Both Sprint and Tmobile don't make sms and mms priority. So sometimes its just going to happen to you. You probably find that when you make a call they all rush its all your carrier.
    09-30-09 09:57 AM
    If you mean it takes a long time to send the message (in messages watch the message to see hong long it takes to send) then you may need to go into your folders and clear your folders. If the message sends right away but it takes a while for the other users to receive it the it is a network problem.
    09-30-09 11:27 AM
    From your home screen you need to push ALT LGLG then delete, remove battery and see if that helps!
    09-30-09 01:06 PM
    Maybe the people you are texting are just slow to respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 01:30 PM
    I agree with gosfaba. I hear many many comlaints from sprint and tmo users having slow messaging. Just go read those forums and you'll see what he's talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 02:00 PM
    From your home screen you need to push ALT LGLG then delete, remove battery and see if that helps!
    I hadn't heard that before, so I did that on my phone. What exactly is that list? It says "Event Log" but what exactly is it?
    09-30-09 06:35 PM
    My phone is really slow also, I hit the reply button and about 2 or 3 seconds later it sends it. How much space should I have in my phone. There is a huge number but in the options and have no idea what is the norm.
    09-30-09 10:34 PM
    My phone is really slow also, I hit the reply button and about 2 or 3 seconds later it sends it. How much space should I have in my phone. There is a huge number but in the options and have no idea what is the norm.
    Your problem is probably much more related to what issue they were trying to address earlier in this thread. When you get too many text messages in your inbox, both from an invidual and altogether, it will start to lag. You have to go in and delete messages. For example, find the person you message most and "Search sender", go back a day or so, and then "Delete Prior". Or you can skip the "search sender" part and just delete all messages before today or yesterday. Note, that you can save any message you want and that when you "delete prior" it will ask if you wanna delete those too, and you can opt not to.
    09-30-09 10:58 PM
    well i went to sprint today and found out that i am 2 OS behind so i let them have my phone for an hour to do the upgrade. I am now running 4.5 so we will see if that helps.
    10-01-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD