Has anyone encounter a problem where their text messages and emails in their inbox are disappearing?

For some reason, when I checked my phone during work, I noticed a lot of my text messages ane emails are missing.

For example, I have text messages dated today, and then the next one is dated December 13.

Anyone know what's up?
    02-06-08 01:31 AM
    Sounds like you have a low memory problem. Here are some solutions. First go to Options > Status > File free. If you have less than 10mb of file free then you have a memory problem. These links below will help you recover and boost your memory.

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Optimize your BB's Memory
    02-06-08 02:11 AM
    i had a problem where i accidently chose "yes" to hide sent messages
    messages>options>hide sent messages
    and it drove me crazy for a month or so.

do your call logs disappear also?
    02-06-08 05:02 AM
    i talked to bb support provided by sprint. they said the disappearing texts and emails is a software problem that will hopefully be resolved soon. but i can send my phone back and get it replaced. since i just got my phone i have 30 days to take it back and swap it at the store. so that is what i plan on doing. since my 'W' button doesnt work properly anyway
    02-06-08 09:25 AM
    i had a problem where i accidently chose "yes" to hide sent messages
    messages>options>hide sent messages
    and it drove me crazy for a month or so.

do your call logs disappear also?
    Yeah, I just checked my dialed call log and that's missing as well. What the hell? lol.
    02-06-08 09:30 AM
    Sounds like you have a low memory problem. Here are some solutions. First go to Options > Status > File free. If you have less than 10mb of file free then you have a memory problem. These links below will help you recover and boost your memory.
    File Free: 940820 Bytes.
    Do you think that is the problem though? Weird, cause I barely have anything on my phone right now.
    02-06-08 09:38 AM
    Yes, that is less than 1mb! Please read the links I posted. As a comparison, I have 18535375 bytes free, roughly 18mb. Do you have any photos, videos, ringtones, application or themes that you have installed on it?
    Last edited by sunkast; 02-06-08 at 12:40 PM.
    02-06-08 12:38 PM
    I've just had most of my emails disappear. it's not a mem issue since i have 30mb free..what is up?
    02-17-09 01:45 PM
    I've just had most of my emails disappear. it's not a mem issue since i have 30mb free..what is up?
    Did you happen to change to a custom theme recently?
    02-17-09 01:47 PM
    Did you happen to change to a custom theme recently?
    nah..im using the today theme that was built in
    02-17-09 01:48 PM
    I dunno it seems like this happens to me once in a while no matter where my memory is. The last 2 times it happened it was right around a time when I used a couple plazmic themes. Now I just set Quickpull to run in the middle of the night every night. Not sure if it will still happen to me. My memory is always fine.
    02-17-09 01:51 PM
    yea..its annoying!!
    02-17-09 01:56 PM
    Same problem here. 38megs free and still getting emails wiped out. I had 14 emails come in today and now there are 4 there for me to see. I've done battery pulls, OS upgrades, resent service books and none have provided a permanent fix.

I'm with you eyecon email is the backbone of my BB, if I can't count on them to be there then the device becomes pointless. I don't have custom themes, zero games other than brickbreaker which I've never even played and all media is stored on my microSD card.
    02-17-09 03:58 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Sprint curve with 31mb free, OS version 4.5.0.131. It will only hold my texts from about a day prior, or not even a day if I use more than about 100 in that day. Emails outlast the texts, by a week or two, but eventually get deleted. Also, facebook messages eventually start disappearing, but only the new ones. It'll hold a few days worth of notifications, and then start deleting the newer ones shortly after getting them. It acts as if it doesnt see the 30 or so meg I have and thinks it has low memory... It happens more and more the closer I get to 30.
    03-17-09 12:35 AM
    I had all that happen on my Pearl w Tmobile. That's why I upgraded to the 8300. So far so good here. I feel your pain. Take the replacement phone and try not to go crazy in the meantime bc its frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 01:55 AM
    this is happened on mey 8330, so the 8300 series is not immune either
    03-17-09 02:01 AM
    I have had the same type of issue. My 8330 will delete my SMS and MMS messages only however. It started out just happening maybe once a week. However, no, 3 weeks later, it is happening several times a day and once this happens, I notice that I won't receive any SMS or MMS messages until I take out the battery and restart the phone. Needless to say, I have been very frustrated!
    I have since called my provider and the tech has concurred that this is a software issue and a simple upgrade should fix the problem. I guess it takes about 30 minutes. However, if this doesn't help with the problem, then chances are your provider will issue a replacement phone.
    I hope this helps someone!
    03-17-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD