Okay, I've experienced this with 3 different people. If I start talking to one person and we text back and forth for awhile, my phone just dogs down completely when sending and opening any incoming text from just THAT person. If it's doing it and someone else texts me, that someone else's message opens promptly without delay.

It's really annoying clicking on the message and waiting 5 seconds for it to just open.

I've noticed if I don't text that person for awhile, it's okay. Messages send and open quickly.

Any advice?

Oh, I've owned my Curve 8330 since February and I already cleared out my inbox once. This doesn't seem to fix the problem!
    06-09-09 12:56 AM
    Try setting your number of previous items to less than 10. It slows up a lot for me when I have it set to a higher number. Options > sms > number of previous items

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 01:05 AM
    Good thinking, I set it to 2. I'll see if it works!

Still really slow sending. I counted it takes 12-15 seconds to send out a text message. Still takes 5 seconds to open a message also.

Takes 10 seconds to move from the message screen then another 2-5 seconds watching the animation trying to send.
    Last edited by sui_winbolo; 06-09-09 at 01:35 AM.
    06-09-09 01:12 AM
    Still experiencing problems with messaging. I did a battery pull, still takes around 15 seconds to send a text message.
    06-09-09 03:05 PM
    By send, you mean actually transmitting the SMS? It can take a while sometimes. I haven't had it take 15 seconds very often but average I would guess to be about 8 seconds.

I think it is up to the carrier and what area you are in.
    06-09-09 06:18 PM
    Everything above will not help. you have to click on the text message and then click remove history. let it register for about 5 minutes and you will see it will be faster.
    06-09-09 09:16 PM
    By send, you mean actually transmitting the SMS? It can take a while sometimes. I haven't had it take 15 seconds very often but average I would guess to be about 8 seconds.

I think it is up to the carrier and what area you are in.
    What happens is the text message I just typed will stay on the screen for about 10 seconds, then it will go to the animated circle graphic and sit there for 5 seconds trying to send.

I'll try the remove history option and see how that works out for me.

Okay, remove history seems to solve the issue. Is there a setting I can adjust for this?
    Last edited by sui_winbolo; 06-10-09 at 12:50 AM.
    06-09-09 10:36 PM
    Keep messages for: 1 day, 10 days, 30 days, forever

change the duration at which messages are stored on the device
    06-10-09 05:08 PM
    What I do to get around this is instead of hitting reply to text back I jump out and find the contact then his send sms and start a new string. This helps for awhile. Then I just repeat as needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 07:19 AM
    Keep messages for: 1 day, 10 days, 30 days, forever

change the duration at which messages are stored on the device
    Well that's not the same thing dealing with "clear history" function. I like to hoard messages for some reason. lol
    06-13-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD