Hi All,
    I'm new to the blackberry, just bought on monday. Is there a way to individualize your ringer or text messages? EX: if one person calls or text me they have a different ringer from someone else? And I want one user to have a different ringer for texting and another for calling. Can this be done, if so how? Please help!!

I think it may take awhile to get use to my new toy.
    11-05-08 09:21 PM
    As far as I am aware that is not possible, it is only possible to set a different ringer for contacts that call not for a text message. To set a custom ring tone from your contacts, edit the contact and press the blackberry button and select add custom ring tone.
    Last edited by joliva; 11-05-08 at 09:34 PM.
    11-05-08 09:29 PM
    Hey there newbie. Welcome to the world of blackberry!! Sounds corny but you have seriously entered into another realm and with time you will learn to LOVE your blackberry (Crackberry, hehe). Anyway, dont feel bad about not knowing some things that may seem simple on other phones. I have had my phone for a year now and i just found out how to do this today. Here is what i searched for and found info under. I hope it can help U. Enjoy!

Creating and Editing Profiles and Notifications

Sorry, I dont have enough post to put the actual url in the message. Happy hunting
    11-05-08 09:29 PM
    It's easy! You can assign a ring tone for everything. Click profiles, roll down and click advanced, press your menu key and select edit. Then click each heading, press menu and select edit again, click the ringtone and it will bring up your list of ringtones to use.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 09:41 PM
    While you're at crackberry, head over to the free ringtone area and email yourself some cool ringtones. Download and save them to you media card. That'll give you some cool options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 09:44 PM
    WELCOME to Crackberry - you are going to LOVE your new phone, and you will LOVE the forums you find here!!! LOTS of knowledgeable people!
    11-05-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD