So I have had my Verizon Curve since about November (decided to get the Curve instead of the Storm after waiting for the Storm since the summer). I have been very happy with my 8330, but just recently when someone sends me a texts the phone has some serious lag when I try to get into the message and even more lag when I click "Reply" and then more lag when I click "Send" after typing out a message. I have upgraded to version 4.5.0.131 (Sprint) last night but that did not fix the problem. I cleaned out all but the past few days worth of messages and that didn't work. E-mail and BBM have absolutely no lag, but the text message lag is bad enough to be a real pain in the ***. I tried searching to see if anyone had similar problems but couldn't find anything. I would really appreciate any help you guys/girls could provide me with to fix this problem. Thanks a lot.
    02-14-09 05:58 PM
    i sometimes have the same problem but haven't found a fix :\
    02-14-09 06:00 PM
    Yea. Even though .131 has the backlight lag, I figured I could handle that over the terrible text lag that I get now...but unfortunately now I have both haha
    02-14-09 06:02 PM
    I used to have a Telus phone which is Verizon in Canada and I had the same problem I think it is something to do with their network not being able to handle it I don't think it is the phone because the lag is the same across different phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 07:39 PM
    I have a curve os .77 but did u try a batt pull to see if that may help-im fairly new (2mths) & always hear wen in doubt pull it out-mayb that may help ur ph to reset itself if u didn't try already. Hope it helps.

02-14-09 07:40 PM
    i have this problem too. =(
    02-14-09 08:43 PM
    I tried the battery pull a few times and nothing happened. It is annoying because everything else seems to work fine without lag. When I had the Voyager I never got text lag like that so I think it has to be something with the phone or operating system. Does anybody know any possible solution to this problem??? This is so annoying.
    02-15-09 12:14 AM
    The only thing that seemed to speed up the text speed was to call #123 and all my messages would come in it is a pain in the **** atleast I got my messages. I don't know if this will work for you buy it did for me.

02-15-09 12:39 PM
    With .131, some people get the messaging lag and some people don't. I've had .131 on my device since before it was released and I just recently started getting this lag (about a week ago). I'm thinking/hoping it's just a network issue.
    02-15-09 01:06 PM
    Well you are using Sprint and I am using Verizon so I'm thinking it isn't a network issue...? It's weird because I had the text message lag when I had version .077 and I still have it after I upgraded to .131. I'm hoping someone finds a solution to this problem.

I hear people talk about "wiping it clean" but I am unsure what this entails... could someone explain this to me or link me to a thread that does? Thanks.
    02-15-09 01:40 PM
    Well you are using Sprint and I am using Verizon so I'm thinking it isn't a network issue...?
    I'm talking to the people who are with Sprint. If you had the lag since .77, then obviously it's not from .131
    02-15-09 02:05 PM
    I'm talking to the people who are with Sprint. If you had the lag since .77, then obviously it's not from .131
    Since I am the one asking the question, it was implied you were talking to me
    02-15-09 03:49 PM
    The only thing that seemed to speed up the text speed was to call #123 and all my messages would come in it is a pain in the **** atleast I got my messages. I don't know if this will work for you buy it did for me.

See I don't have a problem with receiving my messages it's just when I click on the actual message to open it it lags...and then continues to lag to click "Reply" and then more lag when I click "Send." Such a weird problem... oh well, maybe they'll fix it with the next upgrade.....?
    02-15-09 03:50 PM
    I think it has something to do with verizon because my girlfriend had verizon and when we would text eachother,there was always lag sometimes I wouldn't receive her messages meanwhile on her phone it would say that it was sent but if I texted someone using a different carrier everything would be fine.

02-15-09 04:03 PM
    hmm... thank for your input. I just dont remember ever having this problem with my Voyager that's why I thought there might have been an alternative answer. Oh well...If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to let you all know.
    02-15-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD