My sms/mms text inbox is full almost every day. It has about 50 messages of normal length in the box and I have heard other people have thousands of messages stored without ever having to delete. I have a big memory card installed, can the texts be stored there instead? is there a setting I am missing that allows more space to be allocated for this inbox?
    07-03-09 02:38 PM
    My sms/mms text inbox is full almost every day. It has about 50 messages of normal length in the box and I have heard other people have thousands of messages stored without ever having to delete. I have a big memory card installed, can the texts be stored there instead? is there a setting I am missing that allows more space to be allocated for this inbox?
    No texts cannot be stored on the media card. You can check this setting to see where you stand go to messages>menu>options>general options>keep messages: 15 days-Forever are your choices here.
    07-03-09 02:42 PM
    i am set at 30 days on the "keep messages" setting, but its maxing out at about 50 messages total before telling me it is full, which for me is about every day, so my oldest message is from last night anyways.
    07-03-09 02:52 PM
    Do you have your sms and messages together or seperate? You can also look at your sms inbox by going to messages>menu>view folder>sms inbox
    07-03-09 02:57 PM
    Sign up at DexRex.com. You can archive all of your sent/received test messages so you don't have to waste the space on your berry.
    07-03-09 03:22 PM
    Seperate from what I can tell. I deleted my missed calls folder, or cleared it I should say, maybe that will help clear some space.
    07-03-09 04:45 PM
    Seperate from what I can tell. I deleted my missed calls folder, or cleared it I should say, maybe that will help clear some space.
    If you have a sperate sms icon they are. If all your messages including sms go to your messages folder they are not. If they are not and you wanna seperate them go to messages>menu>options>general options>sms and email inboxes: SEPERATE
    07-03-09 04:47 PM
    the MMS/SMS box is seperate from my email box, it is set to save messages for 30 days, but the phone alerts me that the box is full when it reaches 50 messages.
    07-08-09 10:15 AM
    Do you have a number of applications installed? If the device memory is low, it could be stopping you from storing many messages at all.
    07-08-09 11:42 AM
    I have google maps, gmail, facebook, docs to go, nothing real crazy, no special os or downloads otherwise pretty standard
    07-11-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD