Im hoping someone can help!
    My BB 8320 came out of the box creating text message chains (so i could see the previous 7 messages in the thread).
    When in a message, i hit menu and the clicked 'remove history', wondering what it would do and thinking it would remove the hx for that one message.
    It removed the history/threading from all the messages and there was no option to restore history.
    I pulled the battery to reboot and now the messages show the thread, but there's the thing- if i delete a message in the thread, it removes it from the rest of the thread.
    Ex- (from) bob
    jun 25, 2008 9:00am
    I'm fine and you?
    --------------------------
    Jun 25, 2008 855am
    hey bob, how are you!
    ---------------------------
    Jun 25, 2008 8:50am
    Hi Sally!

If i go back and delete my sent message of hey, bob how are you, when i open his reply of 'i'm fine and you', it only shows the 'hi sally' and 'i'm fine and you messages', whereas before i hit 'remove history', it would delete message i chose and not affect the thread, so (using the above example), if i were to delte my sent message of 'het bob', it would still be there when i opened the 'i'm fine and you'.

other than running app loader, does anyone know of a way to get this back to the way it was???
    06-26-08 02:36 PM
    Did you backup your phone? if you did then try restoring it to the last backup before you made the change. That might help. I'm no genius but it couldnt hurt to try that.
    Last edited by SOUJAH345; 06-26-08 at 03:28 PM.
    06-26-08 02:46 PM
    yeha, no... not yet. I just got it like two weeks ago... hadn't had a need yet.
    I was thinking of backing up and then wiping the handheld, but I was hoping for a fix that it could just do on the phone w/o having to go through all that. After all, i did it on the phone, logic says i should be able to fix it on the phone!
    06-26-08 03:08 PM
    backing up the phone is something imho that should be done at least once a week. just in case something happens to the phone, i'd hate to lose all my contacts and have to start all over again. what i meant was if you backed it up youll still have all the messages from that day on the pc when you load it onto the phone its back to normal i would only do it if i knew i fixed the problem on the phone (deleting history)
    06-26-08 03:32 PM
    yeah, this is something i know, but haven't done. Classic case of 'do as i say, not as i do'.
    I'm thinking that if I back up what i need (contacts, calendar, messages) and wipe it, then it should go back to manufacturer defaults and it will work as it did out of the box. My contacts are on my SIM, but i'm still working through formatting them correctly on the handheld, so i was trying to aviod backing it up/wiping it/etc at this point in time.
    06-26-08 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD