Okay I've got a macbook and a 8330, I need to tether on my vacation, that's tomorrow and it's asking for a username and password. I've got an 8330 on Verizon. I have an unlimited data plan, so I'm not worried about the cost

Thanks
    Last edited by Javaddict; 06-06-09 at 12:52 AM.
    06-06-09 12:50 AM
    The unlimited plan does not include tethering! They bill by the megabyte if you get caught. I'd be very careful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 01:27 AM
    Hey Java long time my friend.

Sorry I do not have good news for you. Tethering requires a $30 add on feature per month. If you remove it early it will be prorated. so say if you use it for 2 weeks then it comes out to $15. Now also keep in mind that it also prorates the 5GB tetheing CAP. This is a soft cap and you would be charged 5 cents a MB over the 5 GB cap.

Now for the rest of the not so good news. VZW does not support tethering with MAC and a BB. There is no software for this either. I have heard that setting up a manual connetion may work and some people have gotten this option to work, but you still need the tethering feature added to your account

If the location you are at has WIFI, then you might your airport connection.

If you have any other questions, you know how to get hold of me.

Good luck.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-06-09 at 11:12 AM.
    06-06-09 07:22 AM
    most hotels will allow you to connect to thier network for 10 dollars per week. so that is an option too. at least that was the cost it was when I went to vegas.
    06-06-09 11:02 AM
    Verizon is $15 /month if you already have data plan

06-06-09 12:21 PM
    Verizon is $15 /month if you already have data plan

depends on your data plan

29.99 = $30
    44.95 = $15
    06-06-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD