I have at&t and im looking at upgrading my plan so i can tether. Can someone with this service let me know what kind of speed they are getting from AT&T?

Thanks
    03-01-08 02:00 PM
    can anybody help
    03-03-08 01:58 PM
    Its not too bad. As long as you have good phone service then you should be ok. I use mine for school stuff. The pages take a little long to load than if I were at home on my cable modem, but its faster than dialup.

Ish
    03-03-08 02:18 PM
    I think it is pretty bad with the blackberrys since they only pull from EDGE. With 4 out of 5 bars I get between 80-95KBPS- transfer speed... obviously downloading is slower and uploading is far worse. I say get a pc card... UMTS/HSDPA speeds are nice.
    03-03-08 02:21 PM
    i guess ill look at a card because i want to use my phone tethering for web design
    03-04-08 07:21 PM
    i guess ill look at a card because i want to use my phone tethering for web design

man, i'm doing web design on my laptop w/ my bb as the modem and sometimes the connect is good and sometimes it sucks. but being at work for 12hrs i need something because they have so much blocked here i can hardly look anywhere.
    03-04-08 07:34 PM
    I think it is pretty bad with the blackberrys since they only pull from EDGE. With 4 out of 5 bars I get between 80-95KBPS- transfer speed... obviously downloading is slower and uploading is far worse. I say get a pc card... UMTS/HSDPA speeds are nice.

I have a BB9700 that is 3G speed. Will that pull from 3G?

Thanks,
    03-03-10 01:50 PM
    I'm on 3G with Verizon. My download speeds vary between 1.3 and 1.9 Mbps down and about 130 Kbps up. I use it nearly everyday, it works get and is included free since I have an Alltel plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 04:28 PM
    Ok, just did a speed test for you. It's peak time, so the result is a bit lower than usual:

03-03-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD