Can anyone tell me how I can use my curve 8310 from att as an external modem for my laptop? I have searched the net. I do everything? they say but its like it doesnt see the phone. I dont want to pay for the tethering package from att. Some one said there is a program to install to make it work. Is that desk top manager?? I am running 5.0. If it cant be done then I will stop trying.
    Thanks
    [email protected]
    10-28-09 09:37 PM
    There is a 3rd party app called Tetherberry that runs about $50. Check it out at the crackberry store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 09:40 PM
    Can anyone tell me how I can use my curve 8310 from att as an external modem for my laptop? I have searched the net. I do everything? they say but its like it doesnt see the phone. I dont want to pay for the tethering package from att. Some one said there is a program to install to make it work. Is that desk top manager?? I am running 5.0. If it cant be done then I will stop trying.
    Thanks
    [email protected]
    please explain what you did and when it didn't see the phone.

you need to have data package to tether.
    10-29-09 02:00 AM
    Thanks
    [email protected]
    You might want to quit trying & pulling your hair out. I know for a fact that Sprint found a way to block us from tethering for free using our data plans over a month ago...I purchased the app Tetherberry when it was on sale for 50% off and it works terrific as I just put it to the test while traveling across 5 states in my car (I wasn't driving of course ). Some carriers offer an additional tethering plan that you pay for each month, but I opted for Tetherberry's one time purchase price (plus I don't think Sprint is even offering a tether plan).
    10-29-09 03:38 PM
    Or you can go with Shark Modem

mobishark.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD