I also posted this in the "Other Carriers" forum because I wasn't sure which one it would be better in :P

I've tried to get my Curve to tether using CSouth. I've read that post at forums.crackberry.com/f79/cellular-south-modem-tether-50457/ and entered all the settings and I still can't get it to work.

Is this working for anyone else? I have MIN#@csg3.com as my username and my ESN hex, in all caps, as my password and it dials out with #777 fine. It just gives me a wrong name and password error.

I followed all the instructions on RIMs site for setting up the CDMA phone rather than a GSM one since it's Cellular South.

I don't know if MIN# is supposed to stand for a number, but I've tried my phone number in place of MIN# and that didn't work, also I'm not even sure if the password is supposed to be my ESN, but that's what it's said so that's all I know.

If anyone else has gotten this to work with CSouth, please let me know what I'm doing wrong lol.
    10-15-08 02:05 PM
    I had it as @csg3.com instead of @cs3g.com. That still didn't fix the problem, though. I still get the invalid name/password. Just thought I'd clarify before someone pointed it out :P
    10-15-08 02:47 PM
    Try with no username/password. That's how its done for Sprint.
    10-15-08 02:50 PM
    And TMO. The instructions I've seen at CB all say to leave them blank.
    10-15-08 02:54 PM
    Csouth is apparently hard to deal with. I'll try leaving them blank and see how that works..
    10-15-08 02:58 PM
    I figured it out. someone told me to type ##000000 and look for a SIP and that would be my user name. I ported my number from AT&T so the SIP was different from my actual phone number. Just used the hex ESN in all caps for the password and it works fine. Thanks
    Last edited by cth85; 10-17-08 at 10:01 AM. Reason: meant SIP not SID lol
    10-15-08 03:55 PM
  7. blackberrycurveinmississippi's Avatar
    I tried this with my curve and it didn't work.
    It saids modem enabled on blackberry during the attempt. Then it says failed to connect to blackberry then the modem enabled goes away on the blackberry?
    04-24-09 06:33 PM
    Mine doesn't even have an ESN it has a PESN?? It doesn't work for the tether either... how come some do and some don't? Is that the MEID thing?
    05-07-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD