Up to about two weeks ago I could tether with my blackberry 8310 and my home computer. My current provider is Cellular South and I live in rural area that does not provide DSL and I use my phone as the modem to connect to the internet. I don't know if Cell South has done something to prevent tethering but I appreciate any input to help me restore the ability to tether.
    09-30-09 10:59 AM
    Do you have tethering included in your current plan?

Have you called Cellular South to see if they have blocked something on your plan?
    09-30-09 11:11 AM
    According to Cellular South's CSA, Tethering is prohibited. Maybe you got caught?
    What kind of errors are you getting?
    As far as cell south goes, I have been told that they do not support tethering but not that is prohibited. There are several blackberrys in the family and have able to tether until recently. We get the message that password is not correct and have entered correct password listed on the phone to no avail.
    09-30-09 11:29 AM
    try the free trial of tetherberry, maybe that will help you figure out if its your phone itself, or if its the network you are on that shut it down.
    09-30-09 12:02 PM
    As far as cell south goes, I have been told that they do not support tethering but not that is prohibited. There are several blackberrys in the family and have able to tether until recently. We get the message that password is not correct and have entered correct password listed on the phone to no avail.
    This is taken from their Customer Service Agreement, linked right on their home page. I cut out a lot of the garbage to save space.

PROHIBITED AND PERMISSIBLE USES: Data Service sessions may be conducted only for the following purposes: (a) Internet browsing; (b) e-mail; and (c) corporate Intranet access (including access to corporate e-mail, customer relationship management, sales force automation, and field service automation applications). UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED OR AGREED UPON, PROHIBITED USES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, USING SERVICES: (2) AS SUBSTITUTE OR BACKUP FOR PRIVATE LINES OR DEDICATED DATA CONNECTIONS; , UNLIMITED PLANS AND FEATURES (UNLESS NOTED AS SPECIFICALLY FOR USE WITH A LAPTOP OR OTHER COMPUTING DEVICE NOT SUPPLIED BY CELLULAR SOUTH) CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY APPLICATIONS THAT TETHER THE DEVICE (THROUGH USE OF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONNECTION KITS, OTHER PHONE/PDA-TO-COMPUTER ACCESSORIES, BLUETOOTH OR ANY OTHER WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY) TO LAPTOPS, PC'S, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT FOR ANY PURPOSE.
    Last edited by Max69; 09-30-09 at 01:47 PM.
    09-30-09 01:44 PM
    I'm with Sprint and they found a way to cut us BB users off of being able to PAM last week. I can't even set up a DUN and do it that way. Sounds like CS has caught on. Tetherberry still works...I keep checking with their site for when it goes on sale.
    09-30-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD