I just purchased the 8310 Curve yesterday and am getting up to speed on it. However, when I select the TeleNav app it will not allow be enter my phone# for my login id. All I see is a yellow field. I can enter the password but not the number. I have downloaded the software and am paying for the service.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks in advance.
    03-22-08 05:55 PM
    Yeah, google maps. It's free and really just about as good as telnav. I would get rid of it as it takes up way to much memory.
    03-22-08 06:19 PM
    Yeah, google maps. It's free and really just about as good as telnav. I would get rid of it as it takes up way to much memory.

Google maps has nothing on TeleNav and that didn't answer the person's question.

I would call TeleNav. They have 24 customer support and I find them very helpful. 1-888-353-6284
    Last edited by orle8050; 03-22-08 at 07:55 PM.
    03-22-08 06:41 PM
    orle8050 is correct. Google maps is a good free program that will give you directions and track your location with your GPS however it is NOT a full navigation system. For example it will NOT update if you get off route and provide you with new directions. It also has no voice prompts.

As orle8050 said, you should call TeleNav since you are paying for the service and let them help you to get up and running.
    03-22-08 06:54 PM
    Either way...none of you have actually dealt with the issue at hand fully lol...

First go to Setting>Options>Applications...

highlight the telenav app and choose "edit permissions"..change them all to say allow...

if that does not work, go to Voice directions on your GPS phone: TeleNav and go to "My Telenav" and resend your PIN...

If that STILL does not work for you..contact AT&T and make sure your provisioned for it..or as orle8050 stated call Telenav.
    03-22-08 07:06 PM
    Google maps has nothing on TeleNav and that didn't ask the person's question.

I would call TeleNav. They have 24 customer support and I find them very helpful. 1-888-353-6284
    No your right I din't "ask" his question lol. And I never said that it was as good or better than tel nav. Just said that it almost as good. I noticed that you really did not have an answer for him either.
    03-22-08 07:52 PM
    No your right I din't "ask" his question lol. And I never said that it was as good or better than tel nav. Just said that it almost as good. I noticed that you really did not have an answer for him either.
    The answer I gave him was TeleNav phone number to resolve the issue, which was more than your opinion on the software itself.
    03-22-08 07:54 PM
    You can also try logging on online and entering all of your info at telenav.com. That's what I did. And personally, I prefer Telenav to Google. As stated, Google has no voice prompts and will not reroute you if you go off track. For me, it's worth the $10/month since I use it daily.
    03-22-08 09:15 PM
    Thanks all! I'll give the setup stuff a try and then call them if that does not work. Thanks for the tips! And BTW, I have noooo sense of direction so I really need the voice prompts
    03-23-08 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD