I got my curve w/ at&t & found out that they blocked out the blackberry

maps feature for some dumb reason (very disappointing) instead they have

something called Telenav maps. Well I just switched my plan to the Blackberry personal bundle which includes unlmt data & text, so i got like 3 new lil icons.

1- Browser

2-Personal e-mail set up

3- Telenav GPS navigator

wait a minute.. isnt Telenav MAPS and Telenav NAVIGATOR the SAME THING?!

im confused.

Since im kinda new to the world of blackberry I am wondering as to what things to download now that I have internet.

i have heard of something called viigo, or Opera...

help me please! im a college student so I probably dont need anything that high-powered executives use on their berries.
    04-06-08 01:44 AM
    Nope.

I believe one is for directions (no GPS needed) and the other is for turn by turn GPS action... I believe.
    04-06-08 01:46 AM
    For Opera, you can go to DOWNLOAD OPERA directly from your berry. Opera is a browser that runs a bit cleaner and faster (IMHO) than the BB browser.

Viigo is an RSS reader that simplifies news, blogs, forums, weather, sports sites into a small program that shows it do you one article at a time. This can be downloaded through your browser here (crackberry version)
    04-06-08 01:48 AM
    oh ok great thanks!

will they charge me monthly for the Telenav Maps?
    04-06-08 01:51 AM
    04-06-08 02:17 PM
    Yes the telenav navigation has to be activated and cost a monthlty charge as it runs in sync with your GPS. The maps is a free service that they put in place for the BB maps . But you can use the link that lush has provided and add BB maps very easily .
    04-06-08 03:33 PM
    TeleNav is 5.99/mo for 5 trips and 9.99/mo for unlimited usage(don't quote me on the prices). To cut back on expenses, I would download Google Maps(GM) for free and block out the two TeleNav icons. Again, GMs are free and it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 03:39 PM
    what good is free when youre using google maps which isnt tied to satellites and youre someplace stuck scratching your azz cuz the maps havent been updated to show the new street that youre looking for that a satellite based application will actually show???
    04-08-08 08:40 PM

Since im kinda new to the world of blackberry I am wondering as to what things to download now that I have internet.

i have heard of something called viigo, or Opera...

help me please! im a college student so I probably dont need anything that high-powered executives use on their berries.
    Okay I'm in the exact same postion as you buddy I'm a sophmore in college and I'm shelling out for the blackberry personal plan. Unfortunatly for us AT&T customers they blocked BB Maps (theres a workaround on these forums if you search). Heres the list of apps I have if I get around to it I'll upload the links for the ota downloads.

Opera Mini v4 (I downloaded v4.1 beta recently and its nice, got some new features but its a real pain in the *** because its so buggy right now)

Facebook App

JiveTalk - Aim Client (this one costs $20 bucks, if you have a friend who has an iPhone and they have use aim, this is most likely the client they have. Its free for the iPhone but you get a 30 day trial which I have about 8 days left and I will definatly be purchasing this one. Other aim clients I've used for free have poor connections and often dont work at all, this ones worth the money)

Viigo (RSS reader, I never used an rss reader in my life before I picked up viigo, now its probably the one thing I use the most on my bb. I subscribed to a couple car blogs and I can easily keep track of blog postings. Trust me its a keeper)

Market Filters (I'm a Finance major and I have a virtual portfolio so I use this to follow the market, this one you don't need unless you happen to do the same)

Google Maps (I use this almost as much as Viigo, you can track your location, although because I upgraded to 4.5 my gps doesn't work too well now, and check local traffic so overall great app definatly not one to forget)

Nav4All (Now since I don't feel like paying another $10 a month for telenav this is a free gps program which gives you turn by turn directions while driving. I commute to school so my parking lot is huge and it has a nice find my parking spot feature on it which works awesome)

GMail client (I have a gmail account so if you don't you wont need this, and I've also setup my email directly on my bb so its a little redundant now but its got nice features for composing messages, marking spam, using your labels, etc.)

so there ya go, you can find all of these by just typing the name and blackberry into google on the native browser.
    04-08-08 10:39 PM
    1. Jivetalk - for all those different IMs
    2. Google Maps
    3. Infospace find it
    4. Yahoo Go ! 3.0 beta version - Mail, Flikr (photos), Finance (stocks/news), RSS feeds, watchlist, sports news etc...great GUI !!!!
    04-09-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD