Is there anyway to remove this from my curve? I did the memory clean and removed some stuff but didn't see any thing about the telenav. Also didn't see a .cod file for it in the java folder. Anybody help me on this?
    03-17-08 02:21 PM
    Is there anyway to remove this from my curve? I did the memory clean and removed some stuff but didn't see any thing about the telenav. Also didn't see a .cod file for it in the java folder. Anybody help me on this?
    Are you asking, is there a way to remove it? OR, are you saying you memory cleaned and now it's gone... can you get it back?

msblueline
    03-17-08 02:33 PM
    if you didnt click on the telenav maps,then its just a mediamall service book, like the get apps. so you can just hide it. If you downloaded it, then you have to go into apps. But if its not showing up in apps, i would thing you are talking about the telenav maps icon.
    03-17-08 02:41 PM
    I think the OP wants to delete telenav from the phone to free up memory.
    03-17-08 02:51 PM
    I deleted it from the Apps & I still saw the icon to DL it so I just hid it.
    03-17-08 02:58 PM
    Just out of curiosity...if you don't want telanav, then why buy the phone with telenav? Why not buy the one with wi-fi?

I guess to try and answer my own question, you had the 8310 before the 8320 came out...right?

I need my telenav... it has helped me alot. (of course using the program cost an extra ten dollars a month)

msblueline
    03-17-08 03:25 PM
    I have no use for the wi-fi. I live in the sticks outside a small town and my work noes not have wireless due to security reasons. I like the GPS and use google maps when I need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 03:54 PM
    You can remove the .cod file, but the icon will still be there. I do not know of a way to get rid of the icon other than to hide it.
    03-17-08 05:34 PM
    You can remove the .cod file, but the icon will still be there. I do not know of a way to get rid of the icon other than to hide it.
    Do you happen to know what the name of the .cod file is? I couldn't figure out which one it was?

Thanks
    03-19-08 06:58 PM
    Give me a bit more time, I have been quite busy, but i'll dig it up for you.
    03-21-08 04:56 PM
    Just out of curiosity...if you don't want telanav, then why buy the phone with telenav? Why not buy the one with wi-fi?

I guess to try and answer my own question, you had the 8310 before the 8320 came out...right?

I need my telenav... it has helped me alot. (of course using the program cost an extra ten dollars a month)

msblueline
    the 8300 comes with the icon to download telenav maps too. just to let you know.
    03-21-08 05:07 PM
    Give this a shot, but mind you it is not exactly a permanent fix:

Go to options>> advanced options>> service books, highlight the entries related to TeleNav and then select delete. That will remove the icons. Mind you, if you ever resend your service books they will return.

You can also do this with all the Media Mall icons.
    03-29-08 06:21 PM

msblueline

I dnt want nor need telenav but AT&T sells a gps enabled curve and wifi isnt an option! I'm not into the whole unlocking thing..
    03-29-08 08:03 PM
    Google maps blows everything else away. Too bad it's so darn slow on t-Mobile.
    03-29-08 10:37 PM
    I dnt want nor need telenav but AT&T sells a gps enabled curve and wifi isnt an option! I'm not into the whole unlocking thing..
    i was under the impression at&t navigator took over telenav... when i bought my phone i had to update my telenav to att navigator instead for it to work
    06-16-08 03:06 PM

Go to options>> advanced options>> service books, highlight the entries related to TeleNav and then select delete. That will remove the icons. Mind you, if you ever resend your service books they will return.

YES!! Thank you! I have been wanting to get those off for a long time. They just bother me. Thank you so much. It is very appreciated.
    07-02-08 01:15 PM

I hate clutter and seeing/scrolling thru icons I would never use bothered me.
    07-19-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD