when using telenav on my blackberry does it cost money??? i know the internet does because im on a family plan not (BIS). can somebody answser soon plz>
    03-11-08 11:16 PM
    Telenav is a application that has a monthly fee, so make sure you don't just install it, thinking it's a free application.

Its 4.99 or 9.99 a month

And GPS mapping software DOES use data to retrieve the maps, and get the route.
    03-11-08 11:29 PM
    You only will have to pay the month charge (or optionally annual) once you agree to do so after your trial period (30 days), so don't worry about downloading and trying it.

It does NOT count against your minutes, but does use Data (Internet). So, if you do not have an unlimited data plan (like BIS) then you best not use this program as it does create a lot of data traffic.

Patrick
    03-12-08 12:54 AM
    I signed up for Telenav a couple of months ago with AT&T. I had it on my Cingular 8525 and it worked pretty well when I was in Las Vegas last June. However, when I tried to access Telenav in Las Vegas in December it didn't work. I couldn't get a signal and I ended up using the map on Yahoo! Go which was excellent. I have the Curve 8300 and the external Telenav GPS receiver.
    03-12-08 05:31 AM
    I am a big fan of Telenav. I am from Michigan and have used it all over the place-Vegas, Los Angeles, Boston with no problems. I use it everyday for work and it has never let me down. I have the 8310 with the built in GPS (which is great). I had the Pearl 8100 and used the external receiver which worked wonderful as well. For me, it is worth the extra$10/month.
    03-12-08 09:00 AM
    Or $99.00 for a year, if you want to take that risk.
    03-12-08 09:13 AM
    TeleNav GPS Navigator does not use your wireless minutes, but it does use your data connection, which may incur charges if you are on a pay-as-you go data plan with your carrier.

There is a monthly subscription of $9.99, which depending upon your phone model and carrier, may be billed through either your credit card or through your wireless carrier bill.
    03-12-08 06:56 PM
    if i use the 30 day free trial will it use up data?
    03-12-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD