Why does it sometimes take a long time to get an email message on my phone?
    10-29-08 01:14 PM
    I've noticed this too. I just got upgraded from a pearl to a 8320 curve and emails and picture sending takes longer. Seems very slow. I don't know about receiving pics. I haven't had any sent to me yet.
    10-29-08 02:48 PM
    Strange that it's slow for some people. I get some emails on my Curve before they show up in Outlook.
    10-29-08 02:53 PM
    I sent a email with 5 phone taken pics sent it around 11. Still hasn't arrived what's going on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 02:59 PM
    I've found that if my desktop has Outlook running, it takes forever to receive any emails on my BB. If I close Outlook, emails pop up right away on the BB.
    10-29-08 06:15 PM
    I've found that if my desktop has Outlook running, it takes forever to receive any emails on my BB. If I close Outlook, emails pop up right away on the BB.
    hmm that doesn't make sense on how that could be an issue. I know that this happens even when I'm at home and outlook is no where around
    10-29-08 09:52 PM
    I was on the phone with a RIM tech on an email issue - - while we were waiting for my phone to reboot I asked him about the email retrieve on the RIM Servers.......he said if you are on BIS....that all carriers have a 15 minute interval between grabbing emails off the servers......so if someone sends you an email and it just happens to be right before the server retrieve time then it will appear that you are getting it very quickly, but on the other hand if it comes in just after a retrieve you might end up waiting for approx 15 mins to recieve the email......all depends on where you hit the interval. He said that applies to all carriers - - if you notice that emails sent to your blackberry host address (the one you get when you set up your account on BIS - for instance my tmobile one is [email protected]) those will be practically instantaneous because they are not involved in the Carriers retrieve cycle - - they just go through BlackBerry and to your phone.......try sending an email to your B-Berry address and you'll see how fast it is compared to one of your regular email addresses........and I would guess that any delay beyond the 15 minute retrieve cycle would indicate some sort of issue with the carrier's servers or some other non-standard issue they might be having at the time.
    Last edited by Dawg357; 10-30-08 at 12:01 AM.
    10-29-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD