Well, first off I have to thank the geniuses behind CrackBerry forums for giving us Blackberry users somewhere to get together and talk about our addictions.
    Second, I want to thank the guy who made searching possible.

Last evening I dropped my BlackBerry 8310 in the toilet. As gross as it was to even think about digging in and grabbing it my junkie instincts made me reach for it the instant i saw it drop. I did a quick search on Google and it led me back to this trusted website to tell me to stick it in a bag of rice. 18 hours later and everything on my phone works just fine. The only thing that is now wrong with it is that it's probably a little unsanitary and my screen is a little blotchy (only visible when looking at something white and bright).

Anyone know where I can get a replacement screen for this thing?

Again, thanks to this forum I am still addicted to my Curve.
    01-03-09 11:47 AM
    First of all, Welcome Aboard! Is the actual LCD bad or just the plastic screen?
    01-03-09 11:51 AM
    Well, first off I have to thank the geniuses behind CrackBerry forums for giving us Blackberry users somewhere to get together and talk about our addictions.
    Second, I want to thank the guy who made searching possible.

Last evening I dropped my BlackBerry 8310 in the toilet. As gross as it was to even think about digging in and grabbing it my junkie instincts made me reach for it the instant i saw it drop. I did a quick search on Google and it led me back to this trusted website to tell me to stick it in a bag of rice. 18 hours later and everything on my phone works just fine. The only thing that is now wrong with it is that it's probably a little unsanitary and my screen is a little blotchy (only visible when looking at something white and bright).

Anyone know where I can get a replacement screen for this thing?

Again, thanks to this forum I am still addicted to my Curve.
    Before you go replacing the screen, give it a true 48-72 hours the the blotchyness to go away. Many times it will.
    01-03-09 11:52 AM
    First of all, Welcome Aboard! Is the actual LCD bad or just the plastic screen?
    It seems that it's the back lit part of it and not the actual screen. I can see the water spots behind all my text and pictures.
    01-03-09 11:57 AM
    If it doesn't go away, you can go to Cellular Accessories - BlackBerry, LG, Nokia, BenQ-Siemens, SonyEricsson, Apple, Dopod/O2, NEC, Samsung to find the part your looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 11:57 AM
    Before you go replacing the screen, give it a true 48-72 hours the the blotchyness to go away. Many times it will.
    Thanks for the tip. I plan on keeping it in the bag of rice while it is not in use. As I said before, everything is functioning just fine, and the only thing I had to do when I booted back up was to update the time.
    01-03-09 11:58 AM
    If it doesn't go away, you can go to Cellular Accessories - BlackBerry, LG, Nokia, BenQ-Siemens, SonyEricsson, Apple, Dopod/O2, NEC, Samsung to find the part your looking for.

Thanks for the link! I will wait it out as Garz suggested, but the link will definitely help later if the blotchyness doesn't go away.
    01-03-09 11:59 AM
    Well it's been a couple of days now and still have problems with my screen's backlight dimming in and out. It never stays at a consistent level and is very dim even though I have it set to 100. I have tried doing the tests on the BlackBerry but that doesn't help.
    Unfortunately neither warranty nor insurance will cover ANY water damage.
    I spoke with a guy at BlackBerry and he was very helpful in giving me the size of the screwdriver I would need in order to take my phone apart. I will try this tomorrow myself if the problem persists
    If I can't get it working, does anyone know of a BlackBerry repair store in Chi-town?
    01-05-09 02:39 PM
    Well it's been a couple of days now and still have problems with my screen's backlight dimming in and out. It never stays at a consistent level and is very dim even though I have it set to 100. I have tried doing the tests on the BlackBerry but that doesn't help.
    I spoke with a guy at BlackBerry and he was very helpful in giving me the size of the screwdriver I would need in order to take my phone apart. I will try this tomorrow myself if the problem persists
    If I can't get it working, does anyone know of a BlackBerry repair store in Chi-town?
    How often does it dim and brighten? It may be doing what it's supposed to.

Mine does it, depending on the ambient light, even though I have it set to 100 and auto dim feature off. I just put up with it... Not a big deal.

Spray that bad boy down with some lysol and call yourself lucky!
    01-05-09 02:46 PM
    As I am typing a message it will dim to close to no visibility at all.
    As stated earlier, I have it set to 100 but have not seen it consistently stay that bright for even a second. Fractions of a second maybe, never even 1.
    It will vary in dimness throughout the day even if I sit in the same spot for hours with the exact same amount of lighting.

BTW, It's already been sprayed with Lysol SEVERAL times.
    01-05-09 02:50 PM
    Found the fix. Turning off automatic dim helps.

01-05-09 07:02 PM
    Wireless Phone Insurance | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

Wireless Phone Insurance

Protecting Your Wireless Investment
    Choosing protection for your wireless phone means added security.
    What Wireless Phone Insurance means to you is fast, hassle free protection when you need it.

Wireless Phone Insurance protects your wireless phone against loss, theft, accidental physical or liquid damage, and mechanical and/or electrical failure after the manufacturer's warranty period has expired. The program has a monthly premium of $4.99 and a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim. The premium and deductible (for an approved claim) are added to your monthly billing statement.
    01-05-09 07:12 PM
    When will people learn to stay away from the head when you have your BB with you? There is a tractor beam or something that pulls it in. I hope that works out for you however.
    01-05-09 07:24 PM
    Wireless Phone Insurance | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

Wireless Phone Insurance

Protecting Your Wireless Investment
    Choosing protection for your wireless phone means added security.
    What Wireless Phone Insurance means to you is fast, hassle free protection when you need it.

Wireless Phone Insurance protects your wireless phone against loss, theft, accidental physical or liquid damage, and mechanical and/or electrical failure after the manufacturer's warranty period has expired. The program has a monthly premium of $4.99 and a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim. The premium and deductible (for an approved claim) are added to your monthly billing statement.
    Thank you for this amazingly.
    My new Curve is on its way, and the customer service rep. that gave me incorrect info has been written up.
    01-06-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD