However; my GF's Verizon 8330 has Wi-Fi
    impossible.

You do know what Wi-Fi is correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 06:56 PM
    They were suppose to have a Supervisor call me back (a few times) you want to guess what happened?
    Um... they got back to you and resolved your problem in a timely and professional manner?
    02-07-09 06:05 PM
    8310- GPS no wifi (ATT)
    8320- wifi no gps (ATT and TMobile)
    8330- GPS no wifi, more memory, works on CDMA networks (VZW, Sprint, Bell, Telus)

The SIM cards you see in the storm are for international roaming only. While in the US you use the CDMA (non-SIM networks) just like the pearl and curve. When overseas, the storm (and 8830 for that matter) use the GSM networks, and thus the SIM card.

GPS is on the 8330 it is just that VZW currently has it locked down to just VZW navigator and BB Maps.

02-07-09 06:16 PM
    With ATT u get the option of a lot of better phones from ATT or T-MOBILE and switch whenever u want without having to call it in. Phones like the 8900 and the BOLD if u ever decide to upgrade in the future

02-07-09 07:18 PM
    Um... they got back to you and resolved your problem in a timely and professional manner?
    Nope...Still nothing today. I plan on calling back Monday AGAIN to find out whats happening to my TWO refunds, I can bet you what they will tell me..."We'll have someone call you back in 24-48 hours" BULL****!!!
    02-07-09 07:45 PM
    if u switch fromt ATT to verizon kiss gps good bye. in my opinion one of the best perks of the curve
    Not since Dec. My bberry maps works. I get close enough with google maps to do searches on it. So, if I need to see an exact map, I can. And I can still use google maps.
    02-07-09 08:53 PM
    611 CS is top notch across the board. if u go to the VZW forums, u'll see overwhelming opinions attensting to that. Their network has the best coverage nation wide and there are independant studies that vouch for this.

Only real downfall to vzw is the price and lock down of its GPS (unless u get a storm). Also, no wifi on a vzw bb just yet. And while BB service is an aditional 29.99 for BIS and 44.99 for BES, u have to add an additional 19.99 for unlimited texting plus 9.99 for the gps to be functional with vzw's own program. Then tethering is an additioonal $30 a month or $15 with BES service (5gb limit). So one can easily say that vzw has the most expensive base prices and in general, they have the most price tacs thn any other carrier (meaning they find a way to make u keep paying more and more with every feature)
    02-07-09 09:18 PM
    I will take a more than decent phone 8330 and only pay $99 for unlimited everything (about $120 with taxes and surcharges) and stick with Sprint. Hey guess what, as long as you pay your bill, I never have to talk to CS anyway. How can you justify another carrier only to $20-$30-$40 more per month?
    02-07-09 09:53 PM
    I will take a more than decent phone 8330 and only pay $99 for unlimited everything (about $120 with taxes and surcharges) and stick with Sprint. Hey guess what, as long as you pay your bill, I never have to talk to CS anyway. How can you justify another carrier only to $20-$30-$40 more per month?
    As long as sprint works well for you- then so be it. Hope you do not have to travel and need a dependable network
    02-07-09 09:55 PM
    Please explain dependable network
    02-07-09 09:57 PM
    what does ver or att have that Sprint does not besides a certain phone?
    02-07-09 09:59 PM
    Hard to explain until experience it. Dropped calls, customer service, reliablity, coverage area, VZW-80 million in calling now. Faster 3g network - etc.

Like I said though, if your carrier works for you then enjoy the price. You get what you pay for and if you look at all amount of customers leaving sprint for VZW, ATT and other carriers, how long can sprint keep these low prices and survive?
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-07-09 at 10:04 PM.
    02-07-09 10:01 PM
    With ATT u get the option of a lot of better phones from ATT or T-MOBILE and switch whenever u want without having to call it in. Phones like the 8900 and the BOLD if u ever decide to upgrade in the future

You don't need to call do do an ESN change. It can be done from the web as well.

Also, while you tend to have to wait longer for the CDMA (Verizon) versions of various BB's they tend to be improved models. And the network is better.
    02-07-09 10:05 PM
    We have the same phone. I have unlimited everything (internet, text, calls etc) for $120 including taxes. if you don't mind me asking, what do you pay per month. I wish I had a better choice of phones (and sooner) so Ver is in the equation. I struggle if it is important to pay the extra $ per month. Multiply that number by 12 and that is money for the year. It adds up.

What do you pay and what is your plan?
    02-07-09 10:08 PM
    I do not think that would be fair for to know as I work for VZW, was with VZW long before I was employee though.

BTW I am very good to my dogs Austrialian cattle and Samoyed

I do understand in todays world $$ are very important. Not really giving you hard time either, just an opinion.
    02-07-09 10:15 PM
    no worries you are being great...But can you tell me what I would pay for a similair umlimited type plan with Ver?
    02-07-09 10:25 PM
    A bit more than $99 per month. you can check all the plan and costs at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless VZW has never been nor will ever been known as the cheapest carrier.
    02-07-09 10:32 PM
    I've been a Verizon customer since they were Ameritech in my area in the early 1990's. I've always thought their customer service was good, but lately when I have to call I think it's even better. I know there are other carriers out there with cheaper plans, but like someone else said...you get what you pay for. I think Verizon's coverage is great! I just wish they got the newer phones faster. I'm waiting for their versions of the Bold and the 8900!!
    02-08-09 12:37 AM
    What is so improved about verizons curve over att or tmobiles curves combined? Not a damn thing.

02-08-09 03:31 AM
    What is so improved about verizons curve over att or tmobiles curves combined? Not a damn thing.

96 MB or ram instead of I believe 64 in the 8300 for one and a more stable OS at launch for another.
    02-08-09 03:40 AM
    Nope...Still nothing today. I plan on calling back Monday AGAIN to find out whats happening to my TWO refunds, I can bet you what they will tell me..."We'll have someone call you back in 24-48 hours" BULL****!!!
    I would call my credit card company and just dispute the 2 charges.
    02-08-09 06:07 AM
    I would call my credit card company and just dispute the 2 charges.
    If you do something like that you risk going to collections. As much as a PITA as it is you need to go through the correct channels on this to ensure proper credit.
    02-08-09 11:19 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD