Ive read that it does NOT work for AT&T.
    is this true?

When will AT&T FIX THIS PROBLEM.

you dont know how long i have been waiting for this update to go downn.
    09-23-08 08:18 PM
    Its not that the newer OS's won't work on your phone, they just aren't officially released and are unsupported by your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 08:23 PM
    To us the BlackBerry "upgrade" you must first HAVE an OS installed on your pc, at them moment, the offical curve OS 4.5 hasn't been released.

Go to att.com/bbdownloads to get the OS once it's out.
    09-23-08 08:35 PM
    To us the BlackBerry "upgrade" you must first HAVE an OS installed on your pc, at them moment, the offical curve OS 4.5 hasn't been released.

Go to att.com/bbdownloads to get the OS once it's out.
    What are you talking about? Any carrier can use any 4.5 OS. They just need to locate a link for whichever beta OS they desire.

09-23-08 08:38 PM
    What are you talking about? Any carrier can use any 4.5 OS. They just need to locate a link for whichever beta OS they desire.

Yes just what I was saying, but to use the link on the blackberry site, it needs to be released for your carrier:

Looks like the Web Upgrade for OS 4.5 we mentioned before is limited by your PIN # and its association with your carrier. If your carrier does not officially support OS 4.5 then this is useless. In essence this Web Based option just helps people to upgrade their OS officially. Talk about a letdown...
    Last edited by Angel_Love87; 09-23-08 at 08:42 PM.
    09-23-08 08:40 PM
    You don't have to use a link directly from the blackberry site. OS's don't need to be officially supported by your carrier to be loaded onto your device.

09-23-08 08:42 PM
    You know what? Nevermind, you really just don't get what I'm saying.
    09-23-08 08:45 PM
    Um. I get what you're saying, and what you are saying is that you can't get this upgrade for att phones from the bb site. Woohoo. Congrats. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter - anyone can upgrade their OS, regardless of the source of the download.

09-23-08 08:49 PM
    All you have to do is delete the vendor file.. I have at&t and my 4.5 works fine

09-23-08 08:50 PM
    All you have to do is delete the vendor file.. I have at&t and my 4.5 works fine

Ding ding ding!

09-23-08 08:54 PM
    All I was trying to say, that if you want to use the "official" OS, that as it's not out yet for curves (Don't know about different carries) for at&t, that no, the update on blackberry.com will not work, not that NO OS will work on AT&T ok?! Is it really that hard to understand?

This is what I get for trying to help someone.
    09-23-08 08:58 PM
    And I got it from the blackberry site not to mention.. One point for jenaywins

09-23-08 08:59 PM
    All I was trying to say, that if you want to use the "official" OS, that as it's not out yet for curves (Don't know about different carries) for at&t, that no, the update on blackberry.com will not work, not that NO OS will work on AT&T ok?! Is it really that hard to understand?

This is what I get for trying to help someone.
    Read post #2 where I already stated this OS update is possible, just not official, and therefore unsupported.

I win.

09-23-08 09:04 PM
    Well that is common sense that an upgrade for 4.5 is not available through att seeing as they have not released it yet. But like jenaywins said everyone keeps saying they can't upgrade. U can from the bb website. Just have to delete the vndor ( what makes it carrier specific) and she is right any device can upgrade or should I say any carrier because it is not carrier specific but device specific. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

09-23-08 09:15 PM
    Well that is common sense that an upgrade for 4.5 is not available through att seeing as they have not released it yet. But like jenaywins said everyone keeps saying they can't upgrade. U can from the bb website. Just have to delete the vndor ( what makes it carrier specific) and she is right any device can upgrade or should I say any carrier because it is not carrier specific but device specific. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    You are correct! As long as you can find the OS supported for your device, the carrier really doesn't matter, as long as you delete the vendor file.
    09-24-08 09:00 AM
    I thought so because every one keep saying it don't work for them and they have att but it worked for me.. And I'm loving every minute of it.

09-24-08 09:09 AM
    I thought so because every one keep saying it don't work for them and they have att but it worked for me.. And I'm loving every minute of it.
    Same here! I'm running the same OS as you on AT&T and it's working out just fine. Actually, it's working better than the 4.2 that came on my Curve! hahaha See, we are proof that the "unofficial" 4.5 will work just fine on AT&T.
    09-24-08 09:13 AM
    That's what some of us have been doing since Feb - with the OS betas. The betas that some of us were using months ago are now "official releases" by other carriers- with the same device. Lol.
    09-24-08 09:18 AM
    Is anyone willing to help me download 4.5 to my Curve on AT&T?

I'm NOT techno savvy. I look at puters like cars. I know how to put gas in them and drive, but, I don't go under the hood!

How do you find that vendor file and delete it? And, then how do I get the 4.5 on it?
    09-24-08 09:55 AM
    If u look at the stickys on the 83xx forum it gives you step by step instructions fo
    U step by step instructions for ur device..r

09-24-08 09:59 AM
    TAE: Is that step by step for the illerates like me? Or will I get in there and screw up something?
    09-24-08 10:01 AM
    Same here! I'm running the same OS as you on AT&T and it's working out just fine. Actually, it's working better than the 4.2 that came on my Curve! hahaha See, we are proof that the "unofficial" 4.5 will work just fine on AT&T.

Aha yes we are the proof. I love the new os its way better than the old one.. And I haven't been having all those problems like everyone else. Thank God..

09-24-08 10:02 AM
    TAE: Is that step by step for the illerates like me? Or will I get in there and screw up something?
    Well it was easy to me lol.. But I work on computers. If you want, you can hit me up on blackberry messenger, I will walk you through it as you go. My pin should be by my name

09-24-08 10:05 AM
    Is anyone willing to help me download 4.5 to my Curve on AT&T?

I'm NOT techno savvy. I look at puters like cars. I know how to put gas in them and drive, but, I don't go under the hood!

How do you find that vendor file and delete it? And, then how do I get the 4.5 on it?
    Since your not a tech savy kind of person, you might want to skip loading a Beta onto your device, just in case the one in a million pops up and you have a problem.

Supposedly the production version is going to be out any day now and then you can talk to ATT for help if a problem comes up and not worry about getting into a warranty issue of using a non-supported OS version.
    09-24-08 10:12 AM
    THANKS guys! Y'all are the ABSOLUTELY BEST!!

Do you REALLY think AT&T's version will be out that soon? If so, I'd rather wait cuz I have a case of the chicken-s(h)its on all this technology
    09-24-08 10:22 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD