Subject line pretty much explains it...what is t-zones? I've had my phone for like 4 months and haven't ever touched it.

Secondly how can I get rid of it?

-Rafe-
    12-17-08 12:30 AM
    It is your carriers wap browser. The one where they hawk their
    wares, as it were. You cannot delete it. It is pushed by a service
    book. Even if you delete the service book it will come back. When
    you change to a new theme it will come back. Hide it. Out of site
    out of mind.
    12-17-08 12:32 AM
    Yeah, it's been hidden and I was going through the many unused icons just now and saw t-zones and was wondering what the heck it was.

Noted...out of site out of mind.
    12-17-08 12:34 AM
    You can use it to check on your account minutes if you want to.
    12-17-08 12:36 AM
    Oh cool. That might be something I could use occationally. Thanks Buddy.
    12-17-08 12:41 AM
    You're welcome.
    12-17-08 12:46 AM
    You can also type #646# and send. You will get your minutes used as a text message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 07:49 AM
    Mine doesnt come as a text, I hit
    #6467# and a lil pop up shows. Also #225# gives the balance due if you have one, and the bill closing date
    12-17-08 07:51 AM
    Which brings me back to my hide the icon suggestion.
    12-17-08 08:02 AM
    Mine doesnt come as a text, I hit
    #6467# and a lil pop up shows. Also #225# gives the balance due if you have one, and the bill closing date
    Rachel, try #646# to check mins, and #674# to check text messages uses. #225# is balance, and they are all free to do. They come in very handy who people who don't have the unlimited plans. To answer the original question of this thread, T-zones is tmobiles answer to Vcast and all that jizunk.. Its a mini browser and its pretty crappy. I hid my tzones icon and life is good. Also the default Berry browser has probs so I donwloaded Opera Mini and its much better. I also downloaded Opera on my Sony Ericsson TM506 so I wouldn't have to use tzones on that either- give it a shot if u haven't already

12-17-08 08:06 AM
    Oh I know how to do it, As I was saying what *I* use, either would work I guess, but my way works fine and has done for as long as I remember.
    12-17-08 08:08 AM
    I'll clear some of this up, since my girlfriend works for the T-Mobile Customer Service department...

#MIN# Used Minutes (646)
    #MSG# Used Messages (674)
    #BAL# Current Account Balance (225)
    #NUM# Your Phone Number (686)
    #PWD# Resets VM Password to last four digits of your Phone Number (793)
    #PWO# Turn on/off VM Password Security (796)
    #999# Acount Balance & Remaining Minutes (Prepaid Only)
    ##004## Cancel All Fowarding Rules
    *#06# View IMEI number

T-Zones allows you to do a lot of things you normally wouldn't be able to do from any phone. Check minutes, check account balance, manage caller tunes, download ringtones & wallpapers, manage family allowances, manage myFavs, setup your personal homepage with web2go with RSS feeds.

I know you can get most of these features other ways, like using the numeric send commands I posted above, but T-Zones brings everything all together so you don't have to know so much. It's more for people that aren't so cell phone savvy unlike most people on the board. Also, there are some times when the numeric commands just aren't working, or if you're on a non-T-Mobile tower.
    12-17-08 08:35 AM
    I'll clear some of this up, since my girlfriend works for the T-Mobile Customer Service department...

#MIN# Used Minutes (646)
    #MSG# Used Messages (674)
    #BAL# Current Account Balance (225)
    #NUM# Your Phone Number (686)
    #PWD# Resets VM Password to last four digits of your Phone Number (793)
    #PWO# Turn on/off VM Password Security (796)
    #999# Acount Balance & Remaining Minutes (Prepaid Only)
    ##004## Cancel All Fowarding Rules
    *#06# View IMEI number

T-Zones allows you to do a lot of things you normally wouldn't be able to do from any phone. Check minutes, check account balance, manage caller tunes, download ringtones & wallpapers, manage family allowances, manage myFavs, setup your personal homepage with web2go with RSS feeds.

I know you can get most of these features other ways, like using the numeric send commands I posted above, but T-Zones brings everything all together so you don't have to know so much. It's more for people that aren't so cell phone savvy unlike most people on the board. Also, there are some times when the numeric commands just aren't working, or if you're on a non-T-Mobile tower.
    Ask her when will Tmobile get the 8900 haha
    12-17-08 10:44 AM
    Ask her when will Tmobile get the 8900 haha
    And ask her if/when the 5.0 OS will be out for the Curve.
    12-17-08 10:48 AM
    I doubt she'll know, most of the time I find out things from this site and tell her about it... I'll ask though.

12-17-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD