Thank you for all of the constructive responses to this request. I had phoned T-Mobile after reading a bunch of the instructions online that various people had posted on how to resolve the issue. It appears that whoever I spoke with was not informed properly since they told me UMA would not work w/o @Home. Lovely. From what all of you have said, there was a UMA issue yesterday.

The "funny" thing is that later in the day, UMA appeared on my phone. I tried calling another number to see if it was working and it was still all choppy and difficult to hear. I didn't have any patience left, so, I didn't bother messing with it. I'm hoping to eventually get it all worked out.
    07-15-08 10:47 AM
    Wow, I thought it was just me. UMA was kicking me off in my house yesterday and calls where choppy as all get out.

Oh well, I used the time constructively and updated my OS to.52, (finally).
    07-15-08 11:14 AM
    just got off phone with Attila tmo advanced tech dept. Attila stated that the engineering dept had emailed him to say the UMA outage had been fixed... mine is now working. the real question is for how long?
    07-15-08 01:13 PM
    just got off phone with Attila tmo advanced tech dept. Attila stated that the engineering dept had emailed him to say the UMA outage had been fixed... mine is now working. the real question is for how long?
    Wait a minute! Is this the problem that they wouldn't admit that they had, and made their customers feel like fools because they wouldn't listen to what they were telling them?

Why all of a sudden do they give this to an engineer? Will they learn from this, and not treat their customers like they have no sense?
    07-15-08 01:50 PM
    Tmbile has no coverage in ur house and ur sticking with them yet att and verizon are the clowns? He he he

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:00 PM
    Not only did Attila admit that there was an outage, he stated that there have been 3 uma outages in the last 2 weeks.

Don't expect any changes to the tmo cs system. the way it is set up management is insulated from the customers (you can't get any higher than a 2nd tier supervisor). Change only happens when management is made aware of their customers dissatisfaction. I'll bet that since each outage had a new grouping of tickets, management sees these 3 outages as sucessful corrections to three seperate problems instead of 3 examples of a slow process which alienates and aggravates customers.
    Last edited by esblechner; 07-15-08 at 02:05 PM.
    07-15-08 02:02 PM
    So is anyone else having any luck with uma, i see that some of you seem to have the issue resolved. And as far as the person who said CS told them you cant use UMA without [email protected] thats the case theres gonna be a big issue here. As i have said so many times before, i use uma when im at home due to poor reception.

I swear i used to love tmo customer care. But as of the last 2 months i have had countless issues. One person would tell me they realize there was a problem, another would say it was my phone. This is quite frustrating to say the least.
    07-15-08 03:05 PM
    So is anyone else having any luck with uma, i see that some of you seem to have the issue resolved. And as far as the person who said CS told them you cant use UMA without [email protected] thats the case theres gonna be a big issue here. As i have said so many times before, i use uma when im at home due to poor reception.

I swear i used to love tmo customer care. But as of the last 2 months i have had countless issues. One person would tell me they realize there was a problem, another would say it was my phone. This is quite frustrating to say the least.
    You can use your reqular router (not H@H), you'll just have to use your minutes. H@H is unlimited.
    07-15-08 03:47 PM
    Let's all call the corporate office!!!!

T-Mobile Corporate Office
    12920 SE 38th Street.
    Bellevue, WA 98006
    1-425-378-4000
    1-800-318-9270
    07-15-08 05:32 PM
    I was the one T-Mo CS told that you needed @Home. I sent an email to them today. If I don't hear back from them tomorrow they're getting one heck of a phone call from me.
    07-15-08 05:51 PM
    I was the one T-Mo CS told that you needed @Home. I sent an email to them today. If I don't hear back from them tomorrow they're getting one heck of a phone call from me.
    See thats not correct, when buying my curve i knew i was gonna have reception problems in my room. They said i could connect to uma instead. I would still be using my minutes and txts like normal, but i would be able to connect nonetheless. I swear, if they end up trying to tell me i have to have hotspot@home to access uma now...im gonna loose my mind.
    07-15-08 05:57 PM
    I believe shorynot is correct, but only when UMA is working. lol
    btw uma in atlanta is down again
    07-15-08 09:54 PM
    UMA working this morning in Alabama. Not sure for how long, though.

If I was a Hotspot@Home user, I'd be screaming even louder.

I just use my own Linksys router, which worked the UMA signal fine until a couple of weeks ago.

T-Mobile is the worst. Admit you're having problems and quit blaming your users!
    07-16-08 07:18 AM
    UMA seems to be working in atlanta this morning. bb re-registered at about 5:00am. as long as i don't leave my routers coverage, uma works.
    07-16-08 07:45 AM
    I spent a bit of time on the phone with them last night after some dumb twit in CS again told me I needed @Home. I got 2 names to confirm that UMA should work w/o @Home. They opened a "ticket" and if by Friday it isn't fixed, we're going to follow up and decide what to do. At this point I've decided that if they can't make the UMA work, they've not held up their end of the agreement and I'll cancel my service with them and go to DH's. I just can't deal with my phone not working.
    07-16-08 08:01 AM
    uma is down in atlanta again
    07-16-08 08:36 AM
    UMA is down in Montgomery again. Only up for a short time this AM.
    07-16-08 06:42 PM
    UMA has now been working for the past few days fine.

This was a T-Mobile issue. I guess they finally decided to check it.
    07-21-08 09:48 AM
    Maybe this is occuring only in the South...

I have been fine on UMA. Maybe this has to do something with the TMo / SunCom thing down there. Who knows?! Just a guess...
    07-21-08 10:04 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD