I found that with my T-Mobile Curve there's not full web (therefore Maps) functionality.

This was because it was not possible to change the default browser away from "t-zones". Naughty T-Mobile.

The fix is to call T-Mobile and get a tech to send a new service book to the device. I dialed 150 from the Curve then they called me back on my land line.

Now I get full web functionality (mobile.blackberry.com, for example) and the mystery of why Maps didn't work has been cleared up.

You'll need the correct APN, which is general.t-mobile.uk
    12-28-07 05:16 AM
    Thank you for the information rjh, as I see this is your second post, welcome to CB as well
    12-28-07 05:23 AM
    I found that with my T-Mobile Curve there's not full web (therefore Maps) functionality.

This was because it was not possible to change the default browser away from "t-zones". Naughty T-Mobile.

The fix is to call T-Mobile and get a tech to send a new service book to the device. I dialed 150 from the Curve then they called me back on my land line.

Now I get full web functionality (mobile.blackberry.com, for example) and the mystery of why Maps didn't work has been cleared up.

You'll need the correct APN, which is general.t-mobile.uk
    so you're using TmobileWeb ($5.99) on your phone?
    what is your voice plan?
    12-28-07 11:23 AM
    so you're using TmobileWeb ($5.99) on your phone?
    what is your voice plan?

I'm in London - which is why the correct APN for here is 'general.t-mobile.uk -so there won't be direct comparisons.

T-Mobile didn't charge anything extra to send the enabling command to my phone. Why I had to ask for the ability to change the default browser from T-Zones to a real application is baffling.

You'd think they'd be happy to include it ('Web 'n' Walk') from delivery - the more I browse the 'net and use Blackberry (or Google) Maps, the more they might collect.
    12-28-07 01:22 PM
    Hi Rjh,

I think you may have the answer to a problem I've been grappling with for three days. Could you tell me what, exactly, I need to ask T-Mobile to do to my phone?

Cheers,
    Mark.
    01-08-08 07:23 AM
    I too think I have the same problem as I'm using the tzones browser and can't view certain web pages. However I was just wondering, I only have the Web n' Walk plan not the Blackberry push email plan, so does this mean I'm restricted to the tzones browser?

I've already called tmobile but seemed to get someone who didn't have a clue what I was talking about and was convinced that my problems were to do with the time of day I was trying to access the sites...

Would be great if you could help!
    Thanks
    01-28-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD