Is there any way to format my sim card from T-Mobile? I want to clear all of the data that is stored on it, such as contacts, etc. However, I think it would be tedious to delete them all manually. Is there any way to do a quick format of the card itself?

My card is currently installed in my BlackBerry 8320.

Thanks,

Elader
    05-06-08 02:52 AM
    Perhaps the best way to do this would be to take the SIM card to the local phone shop and have them do it for you.

I have a couple of old phones Nokias and stuff lying around and they principally used the SIM card to store their address book. One of them has a Delete all Addres Book function. Maybe you can lay your hands on one of these.

I also have a USB SIM card reader for my PC. This has some sofware to manage the SIM card Address Book. I go ths for very little on ebay.

Failing that just sit and delete them one at a time - boring.

Hope this helps.
    05-06-08 04:39 AM
    I'd take that route as well. Since I think there is no "remove all info from sim" feature on the bb, try putting it in another phone that can do it.

Nokias and motorolas have it so try to find one and use it to delete the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 06:24 AM
    I believe that if you get rid of the contacts saved on the sim. T-mobile can remove the rest over the phone
    05-06-08 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD