Hey guys,
    I have a chance to pick up a 8320 Curve from a friend of a friend of mine. He says he bought the phone from a friend of his but I'm not stupid; I know it's stolen. He's hooking me up with a good price so I got a few quick questions:
    1. Will TMO know this phone is stolen? I know TMO knows a lot, I realized this when they told me some things about my iPhone.
    2. Will I be able to bring this phone into a TMO store and get a blackberry data plan and e-mail address on it hassle free?
    3. Will I love this phone?

Thanks in advance,
    Tom
    09-22-08 02:07 PM
    If reported stolen, T-mo will know and they BB will be useless. If you know its stolen, DON'T BUY IT!
    09-22-08 02:10 PM
    You will love the phone, you will love it even more if you get one yourself and not someone elses poor missing berry.
    09-22-08 02:11 PM
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Oh, Yes!!!
    09-22-08 02:30 PM
    You sound real proud of yourself for having stolen property. Nice going!
    09-22-08 03:44 PM
    f*cking thief.
    09-22-08 03:48 PM
    f*cking thief.
    That's a bit harsh, he didn't steal the phone.
    09-22-08 03:50 PM
    If I knew it was stolen I'd stay away from it. But then again, I have morals.
    09-22-08 03:52 PM
    That's a bit harsh, he didn't steal the phone.
    if there were no market for stolen goods, there would be less incentive for people to steal. knowingly purchasing stolen goods makes one just as guilty of the original theft.
    09-22-08 03:59 PM
    if there were no market for stolen goods, there would be less incentive for people to steal. knowingly purchasing stolen goods makes one just as guilty of the original theft.
    Ha, I don't know if I agree with that. There would still be plenty of people unknowingly buying stolen goods. I'm not saying it's right, but swearing on the forums is a bit inappropriate. :\
    09-22-08 04:02 PM
    Ha, I don't know if I agree with that. There would still be plenty of people unknowingly buying stolen goods. I'm not saying it's right, but swearing on the forums is a bit inappropriate. :\
    I have to agree with oakie. If the OP KNOWS the phone is
    stolen and still buys and tries to activate it, he is no better than the person
    who actually stole it. In fact they are on the same par IMO.
    09-22-08 04:05 PM
    like i said. KNOWINGLY.

and unless you're a moron, you can usually spot if a device is stolen if you try hard enough to avoid it.

as for the swearing issue, obviously you dont even believe your own argument, hence why you're now taking issue with something you feel you CAN argue.
    09-22-08 04:06 PM
    I have to agree with oakie. If the OP KNOWS the phone is
    stolen and still buys and tries to activate it, he is no better than the person
    who actually stole it. In fact they are on the same par IMO.
    Great, so he knows it's stolen. If he doesn't buy it, the guy is just going to turn around and sell it to someone else. Again, I'm not saying knowingly buying a stolen phone is right.

EDIT:

like i said. KNOWINGLY.

and unless you're a moron, you can usually spot if a device is stolen if you try hard enough to avoid it.

as for the swearing issue, obviously you dont even believe your own argument, hence why you're now taking issue with something you feel you CAN argue.
    See above. And don't question my intelligence, please. I'm going to stop posting in this thread after this, seeing as it's getting a little off topic.
    09-22-08 04:08 PM
    Great, so he knows it's stolen. If he doesn't buy it, the guy is just going to turn around and sell it to someone else. Again, I'm not saying knowingly buying a stolen phone is right.
    but you're trying to justify it.
    09-22-08 04:10 PM
    I think the OP got the hint that we do not assist on how to use stolen devices.

Thread closed
    09-22-08 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD