Is there a way that I can take a curve with t mobile and use it with verizon.
    07-02-09 06:52 AM
    No, incompatible systems
    07-02-09 07:10 AM
    Tmobile uses GSM, Verizon uses CDMA. Your Tmo Curve wont work, it doesnt support the frequencies.
    07-02-09 07:11 AM
    We need a sticky that explains GSM vs CDMA, not bashing the original poster.
    07-02-09 07:37 AM
    Verizon and Sprint suck because they don't have Blackberrys with WIFI capability. This were Tmobile and ATT have an edge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 08:36 AM
    ^^^ Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this discussion.
    07-02-09 08:41 AM
    SoxfaninFL you suck. There, a worthless reply like LDubs said. Each carriers have strengths and weaknesses, grow up and quit flaming.
    07-02-09 09:26 AM
    I speak from experience. I have a 8320 with T-Mobile and love the phone and the WIFI(calls made on WIFI are free with the hotspot @home feature). I'm frustrated by Sprint because I have a 8830 (work) and gets horrible reception where I live. The 8830 does not have the WIFI feature, so I'm stuck with crappy reception. If this phone had WIFI, I could use the WIFI in my home to make and receive calls clearly. I'm just warning this user what they are in for by switching to a CDMA carrier. Which have yet to offer phones with WIFI.

07-02-09 12:58 PM
    I speak from experience. I have a 8320 with T-Mobile and love the phone and the WIFI(calls made on WIFI are free with the hotspot @home feature). I'm frustrated by Sprint because I have a 8830 (work) and gets horrible reception where I live. The 8830 does not have the WIFI feature, so I'm stuck with crappy reception. If this phone had WIFI, I could use the WIFI in my home to make and receive calls clearly. I'm just warning this user what they are in for by switching to a CDMA carrier. Which have yet to offer phones with WIFI.

Even if verizon made a blackberry w/ wifi, it wouldn't have UMA. So you couldn't make calls over wifi.
    Why don't you do your research before you post? Kthxbai.

07-02-09 01:16 PM
    Thank you for confirming that CDMA carriers really suck!

07-02-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD