I bought a Curve about 16 months ago and all was right with the world. However, in the past 3 weeks, I have NOT been able to receive emails from my BB Desktop Redirector. I don't have BES.

I am running Desktop Redirector on my Windows XP computer, using Outlook 2003.

I was on the phone with T-Mobile; they couldn't figure it out so they transferred me to Blackberry Support and they blamed it on my ISP. I have not been receiving the "network@etp..." emails that I receive in Outlook when I get an email.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance,
    slowroll
    Last edited by slowroll; 03-30-09 at 09:45 PM.
    03-30-09 09:42 PM
    The only thing I can think of is maybe a firewall and/or router blocking the program from forwarding the e-mails to your device. If it was working properly for the entire time, then it stopped working then it wouldn't make much sense. Have you installed anything on your computer lately? It could be conflicting with this program if so.
    03-30-09 10:44 PM
    Can you test it by redirecting emails to another account that you can access with a computer?
    03-31-09 06:46 AM
    Come to think of it, I installed a new router and Simply Super Trojan Remover (didn't have any trojans...).

If it's the router, how do I fix it? Or, if it's the trojan remover, how do I fix it?

Thanks,
    slowroll

The only thing I can think of is maybe a firewall and/or router blocking the program from forwarding the e-mails to your device. If it was working properly for the entire time, then it stopped working then it wouldn't make much sense. Have you installed anything on your computer lately? It could be conflicting with this program if so.
    03-31-09 09:39 AM
    I will try it and report back.

Thanks,
    slowroll

Can you test it by redirecting emails to another account that you can access with a computer?
    03-31-09 09:40 AM
    Ok, I stuck my sim card in my brother's blackberry and still nothing. Now I know it's not a problem with the phone... what could it be?

slowroll
    03-31-09 02:00 PM
    It would be the router. You have to find out what port that particular redirect program uses to forward the e-mails to your device. If there is an options menu in the program, check to see if it has a port selection section, if so that'll reveal what port it uses. Once you have that, you'll have to go into your router settings (192.168.0.1 in your url address bar on the internet) and choose port forwarding and put in the port that the program uses to unlock it.
    03-31-09 02:10 PM
    I looked at the desktop redirector and it doesn't have a port selection section. Is there another way to find the port?

It would be the router. You have to find out what port that particular redirect program uses to forward the e-mails to your device. If there is an options menu in the program, check to see if it has a port selection section, if so that'll reveal what port it uses. Once you have that, you'll have to go into your router settings (192.168.0.1 in your url address bar on the internet) and choose port forwarding and put in the port that the program uses to unlock it.
    03-31-09 02:55 PM
    ugh...ive been having trouble with mine as well
    03-31-09 03:01 PM
    There is a run command that tells you what ports are being used, but I don't remember it off the top of my head. When ever you have free time, check out a site called Port Forward, that usually has good details about all types of port info.
    03-31-09 09:31 PM
    Update: I installed BB Desktop Manager 4.7 on my laptop and put the email account in question there and it works perfectly.

I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled the BB Desktop Manager 4.7 on my desktop. Now it says "Verifying Forwarding Address"

I'm stumped, it's got to be a setting on the desktop computer that got messed up...

slowroll
    04-01-09 05:10 PM
    Okay, I fixed the verifying forwarding address problem by adding a LastForwardingAddress in the registry.

Now, I've pretty much figured out that the problem must be my desktop computer as my laptop works perfectly...any suggestions on where to go from here?

slowroll
    04-02-09 10:40 AM
    hai, i've questio bout how to add language to desktop manager, i have curve 8320, OS 4.5.0.55 but there is no indonesian language
    where i can download language file ...
    04-02-09 02:03 PM
    hai, i've questio bout how to add language to desktop manager, i have curve 8320, OS 4.5.0.55 but there is no indonesian language
    where i can download language file ...
    GSM BlackBerry software is provided in several multilanguage packages.

To use an East Asian language input on the BlackBerry smartphone, you need to install the East Asian Language pack on your BlackBerry smartphone (if it is not already included).

The East Asian Language pack includes the following input methods:

Chinese Pinyin
    Chinese WoBoMoFo
    Chinese WubiHua
    Chinese Stroke
    Chinese Simplified CangJei
    Chinese Jyutping
    Chinese Traditional CangJei
    Japanese Romaji
    Korean
    Thai
    Unfortunatly, I can not find a reference to Indonesian.

Your best bet would be an Indonesian carriers package.
    04-02-09 04:25 PM
    All,
    I fixed my problems by restoring my BB to a previous state where it was working (early February 09). However, I cannot send emails from my Blackberry with the email account in question.

So everything works except sending emails from the Blackberry itself. Suggestions?

Thanks,
    slowroll
    04-06-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD