TOTALLY off-topic:

Did you really get the Blackberry logo tattooed on yourself!?
    I sure did! haha.....too funny! I love BlackBerry, what can I say! I will send you a bigger pic for clarification.
    10-06-08 03:11 PM
    try using windows live search... wls.live.com
    10-06-08 03:26 PM
    Google Maps works great, just wish it talked to me. It takes a little while, but the GPS kicks in and i'm within 3m, even when I'm driving
    10-06-08 03:48 PM
    I use google maps, I don't need the voice i just glance down here and there to look at the next direction, works pretty good for me
    10-06-08 04:04 PM
    This is great information. I currently have the Pearl (8100) on ATT and waiting for the Bold (9000). This thread seems to confirm that I should be able to use Google Mobile Maps with the GPS on the Bold. Really looking forward to giving it a try so I don't have to buy a separate GPS device.
    10-26-08 04:39 PM
    The 8320 does not come with GPS so I purchased one from Globalsat, ::::: Globalsat Technology Corporation :::::

It is pretty small and works great.

If you plan on using it outside of the car it can be a bit cumbersome having the phone and GPS. But if you just want it in the car it is great.

Google maps does not require a GPS but will get you to within 20 meters with one.

amAze will not work without a GPS
    10-26-08 04:53 PM
    OP- I also downloaded the TeleNav for a second time- which will only work with official OS for at&t. I actually got into an "interesting" conversation with the CS about me having 4.5.0.81 on my 8310 and told me inorder for my gps to work that I needed to downgrade back to 4.2. So, I decided to get the Freedom Key chain GPS receiver that connects to your berry via Bluetooth. BTW, I have no answer as to "why" my internal gps suddenly stopped working- which lead to my "interesting" with the at&t rep. It worked with "ALL" of the betas as well as the official OS available for at&t. Anyway, get the keychain and Nav4All

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 05:15 PM
    Google maps does indeed work with your 8310's gps. and your GPS is allways activated on your phone. When your phone is unable to lock on to a satelite it then goes into cell tower triangulation and that's why you get the 500m+ accuracy mesage. To confirm that you GPS is working try the following.
    1- Go outside in a clear area (preferably where you know a GPS signal is available)
    2- On you phone go to Settings, Options, Advanced options, GPS
    3- Once GPS Options is open bring up the menu by clicking the Blackberry button next to your scrool wheel
    4- Scroll to Refresh GPS
    5- Wait for device to finish scanning for satellites ( it can take a little while be patient)
    Once your blackberry GPS has found a sattelite it will display all your location information. And at the same time it proves that your GPS is enabled and working.
    I have an 8310 (AT&T). My GPS was "dormant", not locked, until I followed these steps. It took me 3 Refreshes, but I was walking up and down the block. Try standing still.
    11-17-08 07:33 PM
    BTW, I use Nav4All (free). It's a turn by turn, voice-guided GPS program.
    11-17-08 07:34 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD