The neighbor tossed his BB8300. He kept the sym card but the BB still works. Everything works except the scroll-down. Most functions are possible though.
    I have acquired an at&t sym and can access the menu for UN-locking the unit.
    What I would like to do is use the unit for "prepaid" or "pay as you go" through another (less expensive) service for PHONE ONLY. I don't need or want the expense of "data". The world wide web is not something I wish to surf through a key-hole. I want a phone with a keyboard for "text-ting" nothing more.

The GREEDY giants will not let me use a phone with a large screen and keyboard without a data plan. Well Fk Verizon, I can get a phone I cannot see or text with from a much cheaper provider.

What are the chances of getting this BB un-locked and used for my wants?
    Oxy
    05-02-10 01:58 PM
    Your post is rambling. Are you trying to use a BB 8300 on Verizon? If so, even if its unlocked it wont work. The 8300 is a GSM device, Verizon is a CDMA network-no SIM card. be precise and maybe we can help.
    05-02-10 02:17 PM
    I cannot afford the greedy giants, at&t, verizon ect...
    And i did not intend to ramble, I was trying to describe.
    I am old and have bad eyesight. I want a big screen for large letters & numbers.
    My hands are so busted up. I want a big keyboard to make dialing/text-ting easier.
    Verizon has such a phone but requires (greed) a data plan to use it.
    I want to leave Verizon.
    The neighbor provided a sym-card phone with keyboard.
    I want to unlock it, get basic phone service from a cheaper pay as you go or pre-paid and use their sym-card in this BB.
    05-02-10 03:13 PM
    I cannot afford the greedy giants, at&t, verizon ect....................
    The neighbor provided a sym-card phone with keyboard.
    I want to unlock it, get basic phone service from a cheaper pay as you go or pre-paid and use their sym-card in this BB.
    AT&T gave me the code
    Going to get a new T-Ball and larger SD for media
    Looking to go to T-Mobile basic plan. If that works I'm THROUGH with VZ
    05-05-10 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD