So i broke my Razr last night, and the go phone i bought works, but just isnt what im looking for. I was going to hold out for the bold but i cant justify waiting any longer for it when it keeps getting pushed back.

First, I am not going to buy the data plan just yet. Maybe down the line if i feel it would be greatly beneficial, but not just now.

Second, is the 8320 coming for AT&T soon? The reason i want that over the 8310 is the wi-fi. I go to RIT, one of the most wired (and now wireless) schools in the country. In any building on campus there is an open wireless network for students.

Without buying a data plan, with the 8320, i would be able to connect to these networks and browse the internet, correct? That feature alone would make it worth waiting for.

Anybody have any info for me?
    10-04-08 01:33 PM
    Yes, you will be able to utilize all data services with Wifi, however keep in mind that your phone will only do this where Wifi is available. If you do not plan on adding a data plan to your current plan, I would suggest waiting for the 8320, as a Blackberry without data is simply useless, IMHO.
    10-04-08 01:48 PM
    does your school wireless require VPN to log on? if so, none of the blackberries with wifi will be able to log in.

also, not all programs will work with only wifi. the browser works fine on wifi only though.

just get an unlocked T-Mobile 8320 if you dont want to wait.
    10-04-08 04:02 PM
    No VPN required, its just straight wireless. I was thinking of getting an unlocked one, but theyre like $200 more than if i wait and go through att.
    10-04-08 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD