I unlocked it.
    Followed the instructions listed below... but could not change the MDS browser.

EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS except changing the MDS & the config of a 3 party app (which says I don't have the right TCPIP connection.)

Soooo. I tried resending the service books. Deleting & in the service book & reregistering the host routing table & even having t-mobile resend the service books.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

Very FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Verify that the BlackBerry Web2Go or equivalent rate plan is activated on your account. (See Data Plan by Device)

To switch to GSM / EDGE from the default setting of 1X/EVDO, proceed as follows:
    Go to Menu.
    Select Options.
    Then go to and tap Mobile Network.
    Tap Network Technology.
    Next to Network Technology change the option from global or any other setting to GSM / UMTS.
    Next to Network Mode change the option to 2G.
    Register the device and initiate the download of service books:

Scroll to and select Options.
    Select Advanced Options.
    Select Host Routing Table.
    Press the Menu key.
    Select Register Now.

Note: A data subscription is needed for service books to download.
    If necessary, service books can be sent via My T-Mobile: (E-Mail Service Books Only)

Set the phone model to BlackBerry� 8800 from T-Mobile.
    Click the link Set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail.
    Enter in the PIN and IMEI number.
    Note: To view this information - Scroll to and select Options and then select Status.
    Enter a valid email address and password. (Optional - If skipping this step press cancel.)
    On the left column select Service Books.
    Send Service Books

Note: Please ask permission before accessing the customer's My T-Mobile account using the T-Mobile.com Desktop Tool.

Clear the network status:

Remove the battery to device.
    Cancel the current location in iHLR.
    Wait approximately one minute.
    Insert the battery and power on the device.
    Check the device APN:

Select Advanced Options.
    Select TCP.
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: <Blank>
    Password: <Blank>
    Save Settings.
    Enable the browser:

Select Advanced Options.
    Scroll to and select Browser Settings
    Set all browser settings to T-Mobile (When Available)
    Note: Default MDS Browser - may not be accessable on first attempt. Power off device, Cancel location, Power on Device, and check settings again.

Test connection customer should now see new icons on the screen �WAP�
    04-20-10 03:23 PM
    Called T-mobile technical support again... the first two people said I HAD to change the MDS browser from internet to tzones... but the last person said I CAN'T change that... I went on to the two other phones I bought... they both work beautifully.

Only this one phone. When I try to log into the app I get a TCP error... Since I can browse the internet... I am uncertain as to exactly what is going on...
    04-21-10 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD