Please forgive me if this is a noob question, but I've searched this website high and low and can't find the answer.

I'm trying to sync my 8330 via bluetooth to my home computer. Everything I read says you have to have Window's generic drivers to be able to do this. I don't, I have WIDCOMM drivers now, but when I uninstall them windows doesn't recognize my USB Bluetooth adapter. I guess what my questions is, after I uninstall the WIDCOMM drivers, what do I have to do to get the generic drivers?
    08-26-08 07:24 AM
    try looking in this thread here, with some trial and error it got me up and running: http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/blu...computer-1240/
    08-26-08 07:28 AM
    try looking in this thread here, with some trial and error it got me up and running...
    Yeah ... i read that thread and it didn't seem to help with my problem. the one guide has a link to windows xp sp1 but i'm running sp3 and it won't let me install sp1. I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse (logitech mx5000) and i know i can use my usb bluetooth adapter to pair my computer and phone b/c I've done it .. just can't use the desktop manager to sync all my stuff. I guess that's b/c i'm running DIMCOMM drivers. Even the RIM guide tells you to check and make sure you're running windows drivers, but doesn't tell you what to do if you're not. I know i'm not running the right drivers, I just need to know how to get the right drivers installed.
    08-26-08 08:02 AM
    **bump**
    Can anybody help?
    08-26-08 11:37 AM
    Try going to the manufacturer (Of your USB Bluetooth device) and download windows bluetooth drivers from there. That's what I did (Mine is Belkin) and it is working just fine.
    08-26-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD