Greetings,

The title of my post is a little misleading. I am about to buy the 8300 on the Verizon network after many frustrations with a Motorola Q9c. Here's what I am trying to do:

1) I would like to sync Outlook with my desktop PC.
    2) I would like to use the tethering feature (as described in many posts on this forum) with my laptop. No syncing with Outlook (or anything else for that matter) req'd with my laptop.

My question is can the Blackberry have two relationships (one with my desktop PC and one with my laptop)? I am not sure how tethering works and whether it needs (I think it's called Hot Sync) installed on my laptop. If so, will that mess things up with too many syncing relationships?

Thanks in advance!

mecdatlanta
    09-17-08 08:09 AM
    Yes, your BlackBerry can have two relationships with a laptop and a desktop PC. I sync both of them with no issues. To tether, you would use a total different application called VZ Access Manager. I run that on my laptop mainly and rarely on my desktop.

Piece of advice. If you're running Vista, make sure you do a system restore point before you install VZAccess Manager. I had a firewall issue when I installed it and what a pain it was to resolve. I have to use an older version of VZ Access Manager for my firewall to stay enabled.
    09-17-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD