I have a non-BES 8330 and am having problems syncing my calendar with Lotus Notes. I use the Desktop Manager to sync only my work Notes calendar and address book. It will work fine for a week or two and then all of the sudden it will want to duplicate all of my calendar entries. I have to cancel the sync, delete the calendar database on my bb and then start all over again. This is becoming a huge pain, any ideas?
    05-29-08 08:48 AM
    I'm sorta experiencing this but i thought it was due to our setup with syncing to an alternate calendar. What I have found was that our BB users will sync fine for a couple of weeks then all of a sudden they will see events that were deleted a week back. When I looked at their personal calendar I'll see those deleted entires there. For some reason it will sync to that cal then switch back to the shared one.
    09-03-08 12:55 PM
    i used the last option to clear up my duplicate entries with DTMr:

From BlackBerryForums

First back up..... ops:

Then...
    Spend some time looking at: ;-)

Calendar "service books" (options/advanced options/service book---look for entries with [CICAL] these are calendar books and can be deleted;

Default calendar selection, (options/advanced options/default services/calendar)---highlight the calendar choice and then select the one you want to be the default);

"Select calendar" option, (Calendar/menu key/Select Calendar) Here you can select the calendar you want see but unless you change the default, the program will return to the "all calendars" setting the next time you start your calendar;

"Calendar Options" (Calendar/menu key/ options/) Here you can browse various calendar options and also highlight each of your calendars and check to see how many entries each one has (invaluable to me in sorting out problems with syncing and how many duplicates I had). You can also change the color of the entries for each calendar through a limited list of color options. This is important so you can identify where they are coming from.

"DTMgr advanced options" Go to Backup/Restore in DTMgr, then choose "advanced", scroll down to "calendar entries" and highlight the data; choose remove and all your calendar entries will be removed. This is the easiest and cleanest way to remove entries from you calendar without wiping the device. Then with a resync set to overwrite the device from the desktop you should get a clean update of your calendar without much trouble. Don't forget to reset the sync process back to "both" directions.

These processes and parts, all interact so getting to know them and what they can do for you is what helped me finally solve the multiple calendar problem.

The duplicate calendars and calendar entries are solvable but it takes some patience and familiarity with the options your BB gives you. The good news is that once you get it set up, it works well and now mine requires very little maintenance.

Good luck! (y)

Gary :smile:

One last piece of advice that took me a long time to latch onto: When navigating to any screen, regardless of what path you followed to get there, check to see if there are new options or choices via the "menu" key. I overlooked this for some time and missed choices and options I needed but couldn't find.
    09-03-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD