hi,
    been using my curve for a few months now. have worked up the courage to port all my contacts from my palm desktop to the blackberry via Outlook Express 6. taking a lot of time, as all the fields don't quite match up, and i have 1200 or so contacts, so i'm manually editing quite a bit of them in OE. anyway, when i now sync the BB with OE, neither the home nor the work/business addresses make it to the phone's address book. anyone have any idea why or how i'd remedy this?
    thanx in advance,
    gm
    11-09-08 04:12 PM
    upgrade to outlook. It is more robust and does more than just email addresses.
    11-09-08 04:15 PM
    well, OE is doing more than just email addresses. it's doing everything fine except actual street addresses. it gets city, state, zip, all phone numbers and more. the sync function just seems to ignore street addresses for some reason. but thanx. eventually i probably will upgrade to Outlook, but from what i've read in these forums, OE6 is supposed to be fine for address book syncs.
    11-09-08 04:30 PM
    OE 6 does not handle anything but email addresses as far as I know. This is why this is happening. It will sync your emaill addesses though.
    11-09-08 04:32 PM
    not to be argumentative, but like i stated earlier, OE6 syncs EVERYTHING to the phone including names, city, state, and zip for home and biz, home, mobile, and biz phone numbers, web sites, notes, etc., except street addresses. that's what makes me think it's a sync error. but who knows? thanx again,
    gm
    11-09-08 04:45 PM
    NP = good luck
    11-09-08 04:49 PM
    figured it out and will post the remedy.
    11-09-08 05:51 PM
    So where is the remedy??
    01-03-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD